Chapter 3

Y/N POV

Josh walks over to Sub. What do I do? Then, he punches Sub in the face. He falls to the ground. Josh walks in the other direction. I run to Sub. He is shaking. I rub his back to calm him down. I help him up and he looks like he's panicking. He makes it look he is writing on his hand. What? Wait, did he lose his notebook? "Did you lose your notebook, or something?" I ask. He nods. "Oh, well, isn't that a shame." Someone says, behind us. Josh. "Give it back, Josh." I say, standing in front of Sub. I can't let him hurt Sub even more than he already has. Josh looks at me like I'm insane. Josh walks up to me and pushes me to the side, causing me to fall. Sub looks up at Josh, backing away. Everything feels like it's in slow motion. He pushes Sub to the ground. "You should go to hell." Josh says, waving the notebook in front of his face. He stomps on to Sub's leg. Josh walks away with the notebook, leaving Sub. Sub sits up and looks over at me. I walk over to him. I help him get up, again. He limp-walks. I help him walk. "Frickin' Josh.." I say. He nods. I comfort Sub. I see him smile slightly. We walk to Denis' house.

When we arrive, Denis is waiting at the door. "Finally! Where were yo-" Denis starts to say, but then he notices Sub. "Okay, first of all, what happened? And second of all, who is that?" Denis asks. "We got in a fight with Josh.. And this is Sub." I say. "Oh! Hi, Sub!" Denis says, putting his hand out. Sub shakes his hand. Sub waves. "I met him at school. He is my friend now and we were wondering if he can join the group." I say. "Yeah, sure!" Denis says, smiling. Sub smiles. "Do you guys want some ice packs, or something?" Denis asks. "Um, yes please. Maybe a wet wash cloth, too. Cause we are dirty." I say. Denis walks into the kitchen and wets a wash cloth and gets 2 ice packs from the freezer. I quickly wash off the dirt from my body and so does Sub. Denis gives me and Sub an ice pack. "Everyone is upstairs. C'mon!" Denis says to us. Me and Sub walk upstairs. I help him, because of his leg. Elijah is sitting on the bed, on his phone, Braden is on the computer, and Alex is playing with Sir Meows A Lot. Everyone looks up to Denis then Sub. "Guys, this is our newest member to the group!" Denis says. "Oh, cool!" Alex says, smiling at Sub. "So, what's your name?" Elijah asks. "His name is Sub." I say. "Let the man talk, Y/N!" Elijah says, smiling. I frown and Sub finds a pen and a piece of paper. 'I can't talk' it says. He shows it to everyone, including me. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Sub.." Elijah says. "If you don't mind me asking, why can't you talk?" Braden asks. 'I'm mute' it says. "Sorry for asking." Braden says. 'No, no, it's okay' it says. Braden smiles. "Okay, Sub, this is Elijah, Alex, Braden and I'm Denis." Denis says. "And this is Sir Meows A Lot!" Denis says, picking up Sir Meows A Lot. Sub smiles and gives a double thumbs up. We all chat for a while.