Part 12- Naina and Sameer's Haldi ceromony

A short story

Naina fights back

Sameer and Naina's haldi ceromony

Naina: Why do I have to put haldi?

Chachi: Its all part of the tradition, and rituals

Preeti: Its so that you can get that extra glow, and it's an auspicious colour, it drives away the pre wedding jitters.

Swathi: I've also heard if you apply it to us, we will find our partner, and get married to them soon.

Naina: You both are way ahead in these functions, even I don't know much, but girls you've already found your man.

Rakesh: The boys side of the family are coming here soon, Preeti, Swathi help Naina get changed.

Naina: Yes dad, don't worry I'll be out soon.

Rakesh: Oh really, your time starts now

Preeti shuts the door to our room, they help me put on a yellow saree.

Preeti: Your already glowing in this colour, I wonder what Jijaji will do when he sees you.

Swathi: Probably faint like last time

Swathi opens the door, and makes her sit down in front of everyone

Chacha: You look so beautiful Naina, may no one cast an evil eye upon you.

Naina: Thank you

The doorbell rings, and Naina opens the door. Sameer is gobsmaked looking at Naina in traditional wear. Naina takes blessings from her in- laws, and even touches Sameer's feet.

Naina: Come inside, and make your self comfortable, this is your home as well. Pandit, Munna you look handsome today, even Sameer looks dashing.

Pandit+Munna: You look gorgeous bhabhi, where is Preeti, and Swathi?

Naina: They are sat over there right at the front on the bride side

Sameer and Naina sit down, with a barrier coming in between, Chachi, and Vishaka bring the haldi to start the ceremony.

Sameer looks at Naina

Sameer: I will apply haldi on you no matter what happens today.

Naina becomes shy

All the elders from Sameer's family apply haldi on Naina, whilst Naina's family applies haldi on Sameer

Vishaka: Naina be aware of Sameer, you know what he's planning to do.

Naina starts to cough

Naina: Preeti pass me the water

Naina drinks 4 glasses of water in one go

Sameer: Naina calm down, how much are you going to drink?

Naina: Just one more

Everyone starts to laugh, Pandit and Munna smear haldi all over Naina's face, whilst Swathi, and Preeti do the same to Sameer.

Naina: You both have put so much on me, and now it's my turn.

Naina runs after Munna, and Pandit.

Munna+Pandit: Bhabhi stop

Naina: I'm not going to stop.

Naina crashes into Sameer, whilst she is holding a bowl of haldi, and it goes over everyone

Sameer, and Naina get lost into each other. Naina winks at Sameer, which makes her fall, until Preeti holds on to her.

Preeti: Are you okay?

Naina: Yes Preeti, but look what I did to everyone, without touching anyone you all have haldi which means you know what

Pandit+Munna: What do you mean?

Naina: You both will be next in line

Chacha: Naina, what are you saying?

Naina: Uncle, I'm saying that Preeti, and Swathi  love Munna, and Pandit, but it's up to you, if you want to accept them.

Sameer: Yes uncle, I promise you Pandit, and Munna will never let you down.

The family start discussing, and the gang is praying so that they get accepted.

Taiji: I'm sorry to say this, but your relationship is approved by the family.

Naina is the happiest, and she jumps around like a little girl who finally gets her candy

Naina: I knew it, Pandit and Munna are going to become my Jijajis now, how lucky am I? Congratulations guys.

Pandit: Thank you so much Sameer, and Naina you really are a blessing towards us all.

Preeti, and Swathi carefully hug Naina

Sameer: Are you two happy now?

P+P+M+S: We are over the moon, it's a dream come true.

Naina, and Sameer start dancing, and the music comes which makes all the family to follow them.

Naina: We are too good at this

Sameer: In what matchmaking, everyone loves our charm

Sameer applies haldi on Naina finally, which makes her smile light up.