Part 13- Exams

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 13- Exams

Naina is happy that exams are today, whilst the rest of the gang moans.

Naina: Come on guys, cheer up it's the last exam of our life.

Sameer: Your saying that because your a topper, and we will only pass by 50%.

Naina: That's not my problem, you all revise at the last minute.

Preeti: Mom and dad are going to kill me if I don't get over 70%

Naina: What do you all want me to do then?

Pandit: Help us cheat in the exams

Naina: No way bro, give me another way

Sameer: Why can't we write the answers on our arm?

Naina: The exam has so many questions, the answers are not going to fit, besides JBR will catch you out.

Naina takes out her notebook,and gives it to her friends.

Swathi: Why are you giving us this?

Naina: Stupid, so that you all can revise, we still have two hours, and whatever I know, I'll teach it, but there isn't going to be any masti.

Naina takes them all into an empty classroom, and locks the door. She starts teaching them about accounts, and they slowly understand.

Sameer: What's inflation?

Naina:  taught you this in school. Remember increase and decrease of the rate.

Sameer: I remember now clearly

Naina checks the time, and they have 15 minutes for the exam to start.

Naina: Let's go everyone, and all the best.

They all sit down in thier places, JBR hands them the examination paper

JBR: You have one and half hours to complete the exam, if you want anything raise your hand, and your time starts now.

Everyone opens the papers, and they start writing. Naina starts writing vigorously, whilst Sameer is concentrating on the question, he slowly writes the answers by checking the question twice. Pandit, and Preeti are copying answers from one another when JBR is not looking. Swathi, and Munna are very relaxed, and they know what to do.

Naina raises her hand

Naina: JBR can I have more paper?

He brings another sheet, and gives it to her. Naina looks at Sameer to see him figuring out the answer, and Sameer stares at Naina smiling. They both nod at each other, and starts to write the answers again.

Naina: I just hope everyone passes with good marks. Let me do something which makes JBR go out of the class.

Naina starts coughing vigorously and JBR comes to her.

JBR: Naina are you alright, do you need anything?

Naina: I need water, but it's on the other side of the campus will you get it for me please.

JBR: Yes Naina

JBR leaves the class

Naina: All of you cheat now, I've done this especially for you all so you can get good marks.

Sameer: Naina thank you so much for this.

Naina: Thank me later.

Everyone looks in the textbooks, and copies the answer.

Naina: JBR is coming, hide it, and pretend to act normal.

JBR gives the water to Naina, and she drinks it. Naina thanks JBR, and she carries on again.

JBR: You only have 5 minutes left, and then I'm collecting your papers.

All the students quickly write down whatever that comes to mind. The exam has ended, and everyone is relieved seeing JBR walking out. The gang comes to Naina, and they all hug Naina.

S+S+M+P+P- You took a risk for us, how can we ever thank you?

Naina: I'm no superman, just have beauty with brains. How was the exam?

Sameer: It was hard, but I think we are all going to do great.

They all leave the class, and sit down in Red Rose Restaurant.

Naina: Thank God no more exams.

Pandit: Three years have gone by so quickly, I remember all the fun we had, the fresher's competition, I was mad over that girl, she turned out to be so sneaky, I didn't know that my dance partner Preeti would be the one that I truly love.

Preeti: And I was so lost in Kartick all the time, that I never noticed Pandit was right in front of me.

Naina: You both are the hungry couple, remember when you both used to bunk class just to eat food together, I had to write the notes Preeti

Swathi: Remember the movie date, that was the worst one, I can't believe you three had your mouths open when you were looking at Madhuri Dixit, all guys are the same.

Naina: Don't even remind me of that day.

I even got slapped by Chachi.

Sameer: Remember your 18th birthday, what we thought it turned out to be, and then we landed in jail, thank god no one knows about that, it was the worst scandal.

Munna: We've done so much together, since School, and it was all worth it for this. From strangers to lovers, what a journey we had.

After two weeks, the results are announced, the gang collects the report card, and stand in a circle. They don't want to open it, but they anxious to know what they got.

Naina: One by one we will say what we got

Sameer: 75%

Munna: 75%

Pandit: 77%

Preeti: 80%

Swathi: 80%

Naina: 98%

They are all shocked to see thier marks, and they are very happy in what they got.

Naina: Wow this is impressive, for the first time in history you all got over 70% I'm proud of you guys, my teaching didn't go to waste.

Sameer: We are proud of you, that you topped in college again, and for also giving us a chance to get more time, thanks sweetheart.