Part 20- Job hunting

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 20- Job hunting

Naina was waiting for Preeti, and Swathi from thier job interviews for the past 15 minutes. Luck didn't want to be on her side today, as she got rejected from every interview. She saw Preeti, and Swathi with thier heads down

Naina: Did you both get the job?

Preeti+Swathi: No

Naina: I bet they said, you have amazing results, but you don't have any experience

Preeti: Yeah your right, I feel like giving up, it's not our fault that the college didn't provide us with work experience.

Swathi: Come on Preeti, and Naina don't give up, I'm sure we will find something.

Naina: Let's tell Chacha the news

They all step inside a PCO, and Chachaji picks up the phone.

Chachaji: Did you all get the job?

Naina: No Chachaji

Chachaji: Why is that, and what did they say?

Preeti: Dad they said that we have potential, but we don't have any work experience, so we can't get the job

Chachaji: Come home, and we will talk it.

The girls reach home disappointed, and hug Chachaji.

Chachaji: Please don't look upset, I know how hard it is, but it's life we all have to face the ups, and downs to it. Guess what I talked to Kamlesh, and I think he can help you, go to his house as soon as possible.

Naina, Preeti, and Swathi's faces are lit up by the news

Naina: Really Chachaji, thank you so much.

The girls get into a rickshaw, and arrive at Sameer's house. Naina makes a prayer in her mind, that everything goes well for them.

Preeti: Shall we go?

Swathi rings the doorbell, and Sameer, Munna, and Pandit open the door.

Sameer: What are you guys doing here?

Naina: We've come to talk to Mamaji about a few job offers, so if you excuse us, can we come inside?

Sameer: Off course you all can come in, but please don't get too worried about it, even we are facing the same situation.

Naina, Preeti, and Swathi step inside, and takes blessings from everyone. Mamaji is reading a newspaper, and sipping on his tea. Naina coughs so that she can catch his attention.

Naina: Nameaste Mamaji

Mamaji: My would be daughter-in law is here with Preeti, and Swathi, come and sit down, your Chachaji rang me before. Poonam bring some snacks for everyone, Sameer, Munna, and Pandit you three come here as well.

Poonam Bhabhi brings the snacks, and the girls hug her.

Mamaji: So I heard your not getting any jobs without any work experience?

Everyone nods thier heads

Mamaji: Well don't worry your Kamlesh mama will sort everything out for you.

Pandit: But how?

Mamaji: Remember Sameer we have a family bussiness, and that is your Nanu's factory, we need some accountants to help us, and it would an honour if I can take all of you on board, I know it's going to be hard at first, but I will explain everything to you all, so how is my offer?

The gang runs to hug Mamaji

Gang: Your the best Mamaji, how can we ever thank you?

Mamaji: That's why all the other companies rejected you, because I told them, that they are going to be working with me.

Naina: Your smart dude, and your such a charmer.

Mamaji: Aww Naina you gave me a compliment, even Sameer dosen't say that to me.

Sameer: I do compliment you, but it's Naina who is saying it to you for the first time.

Mamaji: I'm team Naina

Naina begins to laugh

Naina: I'm team Sameer

Preeti, Swathi, Munna, and Pandit: And we are team Samaina

Naina+ Sameer: Whoose Samaina?

Preeti: Its your ship name. First part is Sam, last part is aina, so join it together, and it becomes Samaina

Sameer: I've never thought about that, but it's really cute

Naina: It really is having our names joined together, thank you guys, your sweethearts.

Pandit: Can you believe it, we are all going to be working together?

Sameer: Its going to be awesome, and guess what I can romance with my Naina?

Naina: Sameer, you go to work to do your job, not to romance me

Sameer: But if we work all day, when is it the time to love you?

Naina bites her lip, not giving much away, and wants Sameer to say it

Naina: Think about it, and then tell me, because I already know the answer.

Sameer: Wait, am I thinking, what your thinking?

Naina shrugs her shoulders

Preeti, Munna, Swathi, Preeti: Night, we don't want to know the extra details, keep that for yourself?

Sameer+Naina: Your all so dirty minded, we were thinking in between work

Preeti, Munna, Swathi,and Pandit: We know your lying, because we saw Naina biting her lip.

Naina: So that dosen't mean anything, we didn't say we were going to be on tharki mode?

Preeti: I caught you, you just said it now

Naina: Guys don't forget we are getting married  tommorow.

Sameer: I forgot it's our suhagraat as well

Everyone starts to blush, and Naina hits him on the shoulder lightly.

Naina: You can also tell them what we will do right? You can't keep your mouth shut can you? Just pretend you didn't hear that, someone's a bit too impatient.

Sameer: Finally your going to be my Mrs Naina Sameer Maheswari.

Naina: Can't wait.