Part 15- Becoming ill

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 15- Becoming ill

Naina feels weird today, as it was raining yesterday, she had forgotten to take her umbrella, since Chachi needed a few items from the market.

Naina: Achoo. What's wrong with me, I was perfectly fine, maybe I just need a cup of tea.

Preeti enters the room, and looks at Naina worriedly.

Preeti: What happened Naina? Do you want anything, or should I make something for you?

Naina: Preeti will you make tea for me, I feel very cranky, and I'm not in the mood to do anything.

Preeti: Don't worry I'll look after you, if you need anything just ring this bell.

Preeti goes into the kitchen, and starts preparing tea for Naina, as she is about to walk in to the room, she decides to call Sameer over.

Preeti: Hi Sameer, Naina is not feeling well, will you come over?

Sameer: Oh my god what happened, I hope it's not serious, I'm coming straight away.

Preeti enters the room, and she is shocked to see Naina unconscious. She places the tea on the bedside cabinet, and places Naina back on to the bed. Preeti splashes water, but there is no reaction.

Preeti: Naina wake up please.

The door is open, and Sameer enters the room

Sameer: What happened to Naina?

Preeti: She fainted, and I'm going to ring the doctor now, Sameer will you stay with her?

Preeti leaves the room, and Sameer starts to cry, as he is going closer to Naina. He feels her hand, and it is icy cold. He starts to rub her hand normally until the doctor knocks on the door, and comes in. Sameer stands next to Preeti, and let's the doctor check on her. He gives an injection, and checks her heartbeat, and feels her forehead.

Doctor: Naina has Ammonia, that's why her body is so cold, yesterday it was raining so due to that her body couldn't take it, and that's why she fainted. There's nothing to be worried about, she will wake up soon, but you both need to keep her warm.

Preeti: Thank you doctor

The doctor leaves

Sameer, and Preeti places another warm blanket on top of her Naina.

Preeti: Sameer it's okay, I know how your feeling, but everyone becomes I'll.

Sameer hugs Preeti, and cries even more

Sameer: I can't see Naina in this condition, it hurts me a lot more

Preeti: Naina is a fighter, do you want to help me make soup, and turmeric milk? I'm sure she will feel a lot better.

Sameer: Yes please, I'll do anything for Naina

Sameer, and Preeti start making the soup whilst Preeti is instructing Sameer on how to make it.

Preeti: Have you ever done cooking before?

Sameer: Two times. Remember when I had to cook for Arjun, and then we made American chopsuey together, it's actually interesting, and you all do so much for us, so thank you so much, I appreciate all the women.

Preeti is amazed by hearing those words.

Preeti: That's why I have the best Jijaji, your so thoughtful, and caring.

Preeti, and Sameer have finished cooking, and they enter the room Sameer places the pillow in a way, so it's easier for him to feed her. Sameer places the soup in to Naina's mouth until it is finished. Preeti checks Naina's temperature, and smiles.

Preeti: Its increasing slowly

Sameer: That's very good

Sameer makes Naina drink the turmeric milk slowly, and gently pats her back. After that is finished, Sameer caresses Naina's face. Preeti is proud of Sameer for caring about Naina so much.

Preeti: You know I can stare at you both like this all my life.

Sameer: Why?

Preeti: Because your the perfect son, brother, friend, boyfriend, and now would be husband, you both are couple goals.

Sameer: Aww how cute you are?

It has been two hours since Naina hasn't woken up, Preeti, and Sameer have fallen asleep besides Naina. She starts to flutter her eyes open, and sees the two most important people sleeping. She becomes emotional knowing that Sameer has been with her for such a long time, a tear drop falls on to Sameer's hand, and he slowly starts to wake up, with Preeti opening her eyes.

Preeti+ Sameer: Naina your awake

Naina: Yes I am

Preeti: You scared us so much, do you know how worried we were about you, Sameer was Crying his eyes out. The doctor told us that you had Anommia.

Sameer: Please look after your health, how could you not have got an umbrella, of course your going to become ill, my life was going to go seeing you in that condition.

Naina: I'm sorry

Sameer+ Preeti: Sorry isn't enough, you have to promise us that you will have an umbrella with you all the time.

Naina: I promise, I love you both so much

Sameer+ Preeti: We love you too