Part 16- Naina's mehendi ceremony

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 16: Naina's mehendi ceremony

There is great pomp at Naina's house, as all her relatives have come to enjoy, and have fun at her residence. Naina is lost in thoughts, as she is not allowed to meet Sameer in this phase. She begins to smile, as she still can't believe, that she is going to get married soon.

Swathi: Where are you lost Naina?

Naina: In Sameer

Preeti: But he isn't even here

Naina: I can imagine him

Preeti+Swathi: What are we going to do with you?

The door knocks, and Chachi goes to see who it is. Standing in front of her is Vishaka, mamiji, and Poonam Bhabhi who have come to give the mehendi. Chachi makes them come inside, and Naina takes thier blessings.

Poonam Bhabhi: It seems like I'm relieving my marriage days.

Naina: Really Bhabhi, I'm sure you must have had a lot of teasing from both sides.

Bhabhi starts to laugh, and hugs Naina.

Naina sits down in her place, and the henna artist comes to her showing different designs. Naina has said no for now, but there is a design which made Naina gasp in excitement.

Naina: I want this one, it looks perfect, will you also be writing the letter S?

Mehendi artist: I love that one as well, and yes there will be an S

Naina begins to blush, and everyone sees her looking down.
Naina: Is it true, how dark the henna is, your husband loves you that much?

Everyone nods thier heads

The mehendi artist starts doing the design on Naina's hand, and she is being very still, so that it dosen't get ruined. She is imagining that Sameer is sitting next to her, and looking at the henna like an obedient child. Preeti, and Swathi click thier fingers.

Swathi: Your henna was done 5 minutes ago.

Naina: Yeah I'm letting it dry now, you two dance for us, the atmosphere needs to be lively.

Swathi, and Preeti start to dance, and everyone is clapping for them. Naina also joins them having her best friends, gives her joy, since friendship is equal to love.

Naina: That was so much fun, when it's Preeti and Swathi's marrage I'm going to dance my heart out.

The mehendi ceremony is over, Swathi is staying over, and they are busy talking.

Swathi: Naina what do you like about Sameer?

Nains: I just love his eyes, they emote so well in any situation, they tell a story of its own, his brown chocolaty eyes, I feel like drowning in them, he's too dreamy for me, but it's all in our destiny who we get.

A double horn is heard, and Naina rushes into the balcony with Preeti, and Swathi following behind. The girls look down, but no one is there.

Swathi: This double horn, I thought jijaji would be here.

Naina: Its not my luck today. I'll count till 5, and if he dosen't appear, then I'm not going to even talk to him.

Naina: 1

Preeti: 2

Swathi: 3

Preeti: 4

Naina 4  1/2

P+S : 4   3/4

Naina: 5

The horn is heard again, Sameer, Munna, and Pandit are here on Sameer's bike.

Naina: This is a dream right? Sameer can't be here.

Preeti+ Swathi: Even we can't believe it

The girls were about to go inside, when Sameer shouts

Sameer: Naina it's not a dream, I'm really here standing in front of you

Naina: But how can you come in 5 seconds?

Sameer: You called me, and I came, I knew you were missing me, your heart is connected to mine.

Naina dosen't answer, and she stares in to those brown honeycomb eyes.

Munna: What happened to bhabhi?

Preeti: Jijaji, just a while ago she was describing about your eyes, saying that it expresses a lot, and that Naina wants to drown in them.

Sameer: Oh really?

Preeti nudges Naina, and she comes back into reality.

Naina: What was that for, can't you see I'm admiring Sameer, I've not seen him all day?

Pandit: Wow what an answer Naina bhabhi

Naina: Atleast Pandit agrees with me, love you bro

Preeti+ Sameer: He's/She's mine

Naina: Pandit do you see that?

Pandit: Something's burning bhabhi?

Munna, Pandit, Swathi, and Naina start laughing, besides Sameer, and Preeti

Naina: Come on Sameer, he's my Devar, just like Preeti is your Saaliji, even I have a relation with Pandit, and Munna, don't tell me your jealous over your best friend.

Sameer: Yes I am

Naina: Think about it, or else I'll jump from here

Sameer: No don't do that

Naina: Well then say sorry to my devar

Sameer: Sorry Pandit

Pandit: Its fine, we were only joking, and Preeti I love you

Preeti: I love you too

Swathi: Guess what Jijaji needs to find the S on Naina's hand very soon.

Munna: Sameer will find it

Naina looks up towards the twinkling sky, and finds the star which is shining the brightest

Naina: I love you mom, and I know your always going to be with me wherever I am. Look your daughter has grown up so fast, and then I can look at you peacefully.

Sameer: I love you too dad, I miss you a lot, but I finally found my happiness in Naina.

Naina begins to yawn.

Naina+Preeti+Swathi: Goodnight Sameer, Munna, and Pandit. We love you

Sameer+Munna+Pandit: Goodnight, and we love you as well