Part 21- Mrs Naina Sameer Maheswari

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 21- Mrs Naina Sameer Maheswari

Finally it is the day when Naina Aggarwal turns into Mrs Naina Maheswari. The name suits perfectly with his. Preeti, and Swathi were putting my jewellery on, when all of a sudden they became emotional on realising that I was leaving them.

Preeti: Naina we are going to miss you so much

Swathi: Yes, the time flew by so quickly

Naina: Don't worry we can always be in touch, and by the way you both are my best friends, and sisters, I can never forget you both in my life. I promise you that.

Chachiji enters the room, and sees the girls hugging each other

Chachiji: Naina you've grown up so fast, I remember you when you were this small, and you used to run around the house, I don't know when you became so mature, but Naina you are the best, and we all are going to miss you alot.

Naina: If you all make me cry more, then I won't get married, and I'll stay here.

They all wipe thier tears, and they hear the baraat coming. Naina tells Chachi, Preeti, and Swathi that she will be coming down later, Chachi leaves the room to welcome the Maheswaris.

Preeti: We need to steal Jijaji's shoes.

Swathi: But how Jiju is going to be wearing his shoes all the time?

Naina comes up with a plan, and tells Preeti, and Swathi what to do.

Preeti: Are you sure this will work?

Naina: If it dosen't work, you can change my name.

Preeti, and Swathi goes outside to see Jijaji wearing his golden shoes

Preeti: You know what to do right?

Swathi: Namaste all of you come inside, besides Jijaji, we need to talk to him.

Preeti, and Swathi talk to Sameer, about Naina that she is ill, and won't be able to come downstairs. The girls are fooling all three of them. Sameer runs up, and sees Naina coming out of the room sneezing, and runs to hug her

Naina: Sameer what are you doing here?

Sameer: Your not feeling well.

Naina gestures to Preeti, and Swathi to get the shoes, they pick it up, and put it it behind themselves.

Naina: Sameer can you get me a glass of water?

Sameer: Yes Naina

Naina: Good job girls, go and change your shoes.

Preeti, and Swathi enters the room, Whilst Sameer gives the water to Naina. They come back out, and Sameer sees them.

Sameer: What are you doing here?

Preeti: Your forgetting that I live here, and mom sent me to bring something for her. Jijaji, you can go, we will bring Naina down. Sameer goes back outside again.

Naina: That was close, atleast we did it, shall we go now?

Preeti, and Swathi bring Naina down, and everyone is mesmorised by Naina's beauty. Naina sits down next to Sameer. The priest arrives, and starts reciting the mantras. Naina put her hand on top of mine, and placed something into the holy fire. We both stood up, and held the garlands. The grooms side of the family lifted Sameer up.

Aggarwal family: Naina you can do it, just jump

Everyone laughs, and encourages Naina, but she finally puts the garland around Sameer. Naina's family lifts her up, and Naina moves her head back, to make it harder for Sameer. He puts it around her neck.

Priest: Who is going to do the kanyadhan?

Naina: Normally Arjun would do it, but since he's not here, Preeti is going to do it, since she is my brother, and sister. She's my brother because she is very protective over me, and sister because we can share everything

Preeti ties the knot, and they smile at one another. Sameer is at the front, and starts to do his 4 nupital rounds, and Naina is behind him. Everyone throws confetti on them. Now Naina is in front and she does the last three nupital rounds, and sits down again. The priest gives vermilion to Sameer, and he applies it on Naina's head. He also gives Sameer a mangalsutra, and puts it around Naina's neck

Priest: The marriage is complete, you are now husband, and wife, you can take blessings from your elders.

Sameer, and Naina stand up and get all the blessings from everyone. Preeti nudges Naina, and she gets the hint.

Preeti: Jijaji aren't you forgetting something?

Sameer: What?

Swathi: Look down

Sameer: Where are my shoes gone?

Preeti holds up the shoebox

Swathi: They're in here, if you want them, you have to give us the money.

Naina stands next to Munna, and Pandit. They watch Sameer chasing Preeti, and Swathi around everyone. They all begin to laugh.

Sameer: Munna, Pandit help me

Pandit+ Munna: Give it to us

Sameer thinks that Munna, and Pandit will give the shoes to him, but they throw the box to Preeti again.

Sameer: Hey I thought you both were on my side. Naina help me.

Naina: Its a rasam, and you need to fulfil it.

Sameer gives Preeti, and Swathi the money

Naina, Swathi, and Preeti laugh which makes everyone confused.

Sameer+Munna+Pandit: What happened, why are you all laughing so much?

Naina: We fooled you, I'm the mastermind of this plan, I'm not really ill, I was sneezing fakely, so when you hugged me I gestured Preeti, and Swathi to take your shoes.

Sameer: Aggarwals win, but your forgetting your a Maheswari now.

It's time for Naina to leave, and she becomes emotional knowing that she is leaving her maternal home. Chachi opens her pallu, and Naina throws rice over herself. She hugs everyone, and gets into the car with Sameer. Sameer gives Naina a hug.

Sameer: Please don't cry, it hurts to see you like that. I promise you, we will come to see my in-laws whenever your missing them. I want to see you smile, crying dosen't suit you.

Naina is relieved to have a love like Sameer, who she can be herself with, he cares for her so much, and even between these struggles, it just goes to show, no matter the distance, love will always find a way to bring them back to each other.

Naina: I love you so much Sameer

Sameer: I love you too so much Naina.