16- aromas and ID cards

If looks could kill, Simi would be long dead as she sat in front of her laptop, trying to create a fake id online

If looks could kill, Simi would be long dead as she sat in front of her laptop, trying to create a fake id online. The same night Malachi had gone to meet his mother.

Her roommate was sitting on her bed shooting daggers with her eyes at Simi every once in a while. The tension in the room was at an all new palpable now and Simi as usual, was acting composed. She didn't get what Bahija's deal was.

Bahija thought Simi had gone through her stuff and Simi had explained to her countless times that it wasn't her. Simi's stuff was also messed up and she refused to think it was related to Elder. Besides Bahija's stuff was always messed up so how would she know if someone had gone through them.

She'd decided to stay clear from her roommate but at the last minute, changed her mind.
"Bahija, I know you think I've been messing around with your stuff but again, it isn't me."

Her roommate, Bahija, took the opportunity to vent out her frustrations. "Then who was it? Simi, everything of mine was turned upside down."

"I know. So were mine too. I think someone might have broken in."

Bahija looked skeptical. "You don't have to make me think that someone broke in. Then why didn't you report it?"

"I'm not making this up Bahija. Believe me."

Maybe it was the way Simi had suddenly crossed her legs on her bed or the sudden fear on her face but Bahija rushed to her roommate's bed and held both of her hands on hers.

"Oh girl I'm so sorry. And here I was hating on you. Forgive?"

Simi closed her laptop stealthily and hugged her roommate. "Of course Bahija, forgiven and forgotten."

God please let her agree to set me up with the SRC president.

Simi said a prayer and smiled at how she'd managed to into Bahija's good graces again.

The next afternoon, Simi was ready with her fake department editor id to visit the female lecturer. It turned out everything was simpler with a laptop, mini printer and fast internet connection.
All that was left was a heads up to Malachi and when they last spoke the previous day, he was going to see his mother.

She picked her phone and was about to dial Malachi's number when a call came through. Her face lit up when she saw the caller id and answered immediately.

"Hey you. Leaving my heart bruised." Peter, the intern from Dr.James' office tried to rhyme.

"How long did you take to make that one up?" Simi laughed.

"As long as it took for me to fall in love with you," he replied.

Simi shook her head. She wouldn't admit it but the she had missed him. They had become fast friends since they'd met and he asked Simi out more than once which she always politely rejected.