23- emotions and the Library

Simi stood up, her hands on her hips and fury on her face

Simi stood up, her hands on her hips and fury on her face. Strands of her hair tied in a bun were loose and fell on her face.
The anger that was bubbling within her grew. She thought of Abby and all the times Elder had talked about her and how she was one of the best people he knew.

The same Abby who had probably played them all and may have known who killed Elder and why. Simi turned from the guys, not willing to show the anger side of her.

She turned back after she was calm and asked Jamal, "How much do you know and why are you still quiet about them?"

Jamal shrugged. Both of them already knew the reason why so it was useless telling again but the shrug had been a wrong move. Simi landed a slap on his face. A slap that ricocheted in the park and caught the attention of some students.

"A person is dead! Students are dead because of Chill and you know whose behind all those. Why do you boys think it's okay to be emotionless fools," Simi wiped away the tears on her face with one hand.
Jamal stared at her, shock on his face and a burning sting where Simi had slapped him.

Malachi touched Simi's hand, wanting to interlock their fingers together in an attempt to comfort her. "Si, we'll figure it out. This isn't-"

"I swear to God Kai, if one more hopeful lie comes out of your mouth, I'll punch all your teeth out."

Malachi raised both hands in surrender and Simi sat down again. She took deep breaths while Jamal and Malachi stared at her.
This was why she hated it when she got angry because a dam broke in her and she cried as if she was more sad than angry.

"Okay Jamal, start talking. And I'm not sorry for what I just did."

Jamal's mouth immediately started moving. "I met Abby Asante some a few times at Forson's house. Most times she was with this weird looking guy. I think they may be part of the distributors of Chill on this campus."

"God! do you hear yourself?" Simi spat out.
"All these things are going on and you were afraid to report them because of your sisters?" she did air quotes around the word, sisters.

"Simi, you know how difficult-," Malachi tried to go to Jamal's aid.

"Our problems are no excuse for others to suffer. How do you think your sisters will feel if they find out that their brother has been sleeping around with an older person and covering up for his drug empire?"

Jamal winced at Simi's statement, his face contorted in sadness. "Please stop what you're doing Simi," he whispered.

Simi got up, "I can't deal with you guys right now."

She walked away from them towards the entrance of the park, a firm determination set in her steps. Jamal stared at her silently and pondering over what she'd said.

Malachi shouted to her, "Where are you going?"

"To face Abby! She can't get away with this Kai," she said without turning her head.

Malachi shouted again, "Think carefully about that! You might ruin everything and we won't find out who killed our best friend!"

Simi stopped in her tracks for a moment and then raised her middle finger at them without turning back.

As Simi walked around campus, trying to get herself to calm down, she took out her phone and dialed Julia's number

Definitely, the SRC president would know something about the peddling of Chill on campus and she intended to find out. This was bigger than all of them. Bigger than Elder's death.

"Girl what's up?" Julia asked when she picked up.

"Hey Jules. I wanted to ask about the date with the SRC president,"

"Shoot! I forgot. Let me call him right now and get back to you."

"Alright girl," Simi cut the call and put the phone from Silent mode to Vibrate.

She met a few of her mates, engaged in casual chatter and decided to go to one of her places of comfort in the school. The Library.
It was there she'd spent most of her nights before everything. Now she barely had time to do anything except think about Elder and the photobook.

She reached the library and took out her student Id to open the large door when her phone began vibrating.
Simi checked the caller ID and it was Peter. Even though she was anything but happy, a smile crept on her face but she cut the call. Julia's phone call was her top priority now.

Julia's call came a few seconds after and Simi picked it in anticipation.

"Hey Julia."

"Hey girl. So I talked to Kamara and are you free tonight? Because he's free tonight."

Simi crossed her eyes. "Tonight would be perfect."

Discussion AreaDo you guys think what Simi's doing is a good idea? Isn't she putting herself in danger? And how about how she attacked Jamal? I was a bit sad for him

Discussion Area
Do you guys think what Simi's doing is a good idea? Isn't she putting herself in danger? And how about how she attacked Jamal? I was a bit sad for him.