52- death and monsters

Simi slipped in and out of consciousness, her body still static and a dizzy spell attacking her eyes every time she tried to concentrate

Each she slipped back to reality, the slither of hope that she held on to that all this was a dream reduced.

El really was killed by Julia and now she was being held hostage by her, who at that moment, was smiling too much at Simi.

"Please let me go," Simi pleaded, her voice frail.

Julia gave her a lopsided grin and traced the blunt side of the knife on Simi's back. The warmth that was normally in her eyes was absent and it made scared Simi even more.

This was Julia. The same Julia she'd had grown up together with Elder. Julia, her first friend she had told about her lady issues.
Simi'd had countless sleepovers with Julia and had spent endless nights talking about boys, sex and kissing. It was unreal that this same Julia had killed her brother and wanted to hurt her.

"I will Si. So you and Malachi can run off to the sunset," sarcasm dripped from Julia's voice.

"Why did you do it?"

Even as Simi spoke, a single tear fell down her cheek and she realized that she could move two of her right fingers.

"I know what you're thinking. That I'll tell you everything and somehow you'll manage to escape and tell everyone," Simi put the knife down and patted Simi's static back. "Well I have some bad news for you Si, I've planned everything out. You will die before you speak to Malachi. Sure he'll see you. But you'll still die."

"We loved you Jules,"

Anger flashed in Julia's eyes. "Loved me? How dare you? I was unemployed for two years after uni, always at home listening to my mother complain all day and my dad barely looking at me in the face. Was anyone there for me then?
I had first class Simi! But no one would hire me and my friends were all doing well. I was depressed and suicidal and nobody realized! It was Dr. de Heer who helped me. She gave me a job distributing Chill and it paid well too. I hated doing it at first but did my parents care? Did Elder care? No one bothered to ask me how I was getting money."

Julia stood up and began pacing in the room. There was fury on her face and Simi knew if she played her cards right, Julia would spill everything.

"You could have talked to me Jules, we were always close," her voice was becoming clearer and Julia was so angry she didn't realize that the effect of Chill was wearing off.

"Don't annoy me Si," Julia flashed Simi an angry look. "You were always busy when I called you and it was your first year. How dumb did you think I was?"

"I'm sorry Jules."

"Of course you are. Only because of now. Everyone forgot about me except de Heer. She listened to me, gave me a job and made one of the big players.
Then Elder came to me with a plan of exposing de Heer with some photos he had just to get money for you."