32- leaked documents and new roommates

Two nights after his meeting with Jamal, Malachi was returning from basketball practice with a scowl on his face

Two nights after his meeting with Jamal, Malachi was returning from basketball practice with a scowl on his face. The coach had come at him and made him run tracks until he felt like thighs would explode.
All because he'd missed training during he and Simi's quest to find Elder's killer.

His phone began vibrating in his pocket and when he saw the caller ID, the scowl was replaced with a smile. "Good evening Asha," he answered.

"Hey Kai. I just got off from work. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too. Can we go out again this weekend?" he asked her.

"Of course. What are you up to this evening?"

He was about to answer when he saw Abby suddenly out of nowhere open the hostel main gate and enter.

"Can I call you back?" Malachi said to Asha.

"Sure sure."

He cut the line and rushed after Abby. She was walking briskly and looked around her as if she was being followed. That was how her gaze landed at Malachi chasing after her.

Immediately she saw him, Abby knew that Malachi had found out about the cameras.
Calm down. Calm down, she told her beating heart.

She turned and waited for Malachi to get to her and said, "What's up Kai?"

"I'm going to be forward with you. Did you put cameras in my room?"

She looked at him straight in the eye and tried not to blink. "Why would I do that?"

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me?"

She let out a breath of air. "You're being paranoid Malachi."

Abby turned to leave but Malachi gripped her hand hard. She gave a squeal and looked around them. "Let me go Kai."

"Tell me why you put cameras in my room," he growled.

"I told you I didn't," Abby tried to get out of his grip.

"You know something about El's death don't you?" Malachi said.

Abby stopped moving and with her free hand gave Malachi a slap that caught the attention of the other hostel mates who were outside. Malachi let go of her hand and rubbed where she'd slapped him.

He mentally calmed himself and said," Don't try that again."

"How dare you Malachi," tears fell down Abby's face as she talked. "Elder was one of my closest friend. I told him everything. How can you think something so despicable of me."