33- speeding cars and conference calls

"Kai? I'm waiting for an answer," Simi told Malachi over the phone

It had been almost a minute after she'd asked him who he thought leaked the hierarchy table. If it wasn't Malachi or Jamal, then Simi could calm her mind and not be drawn into everything again.

Malachi let out a breath of air and scratched his left eyebrow. "I don't know Si. Honestly. It wasn't me."

He wanted to tell her about Abby but didn't say anything in case what he thought was wrong.

"What about Jamal?" she asked him and saw an incoming call on her phone. "Speak of the devil. It's Jamal."

Simi added him to her and Malachi's phone line and said, "Hey Jamal, Malachi's on the line as well."

There was shuffling of feet and they could hear Jamal shushing someone on his line. He finally returned, "Sorry, my sisters were on me. Have you guys heard the news?"

"Yeah, and it wasn't you right?" Malachi quickly asked Jamal before Simi jumped on him.

"Of course not. We need to meet, guys. And figure out who did this," Jamal offered.

"Not me. I told you guys I didn't want anything to do with all this again and I meant it. You guys shouldn't go about snooping. The person who leaked the hierarchy table probably did us a favor." Simi poured out.

"But why? And the hierarchy table is coded. The police need the List in order to know the real names of the drug peddlers," Jamal countered.

"Maybe Simi is right. The three of us have to let go of this and just give the photobook to the police," Malachi said, hoping that Jamal would get the reference that he didn't want Simi involved.

Jamal gave in and said, "Alright. If you think so."

"If it's settled then I have to go. After lectures on Monday, I might come to your place Kai."
And with that, Simi closed her side of the connection.

Immediately she did, Jamal asked Malachi, "We're still going to schedule the meet with Peter right?"

"Definitely bro. Can I come over to your place tomorrow morning?"

Jamal held on and thought of it. Only Elder had known where he lived with his sisters. It was a one bedroom apartment a bit faraway from campus. The only property his dad's family had left to him and his sisters.

"Sure. Let me know when you're ready so that I give you directions," Jamal responded even though the last thing he wanted was for any of his friends to know where he lived.

 Let me know when you're ready so that I give you directions," Jamal responded even though the last thing he wanted was for any of his friends to know where he lived