Chapter 2

Day 4

(Alexia's POV)

I had woken up from my coma late yesterday, after visiting hours, so today was going to be the first time I see anyone since the accident. But looking around my hospital room I can tell who's been here.

My best friend and god sister Camilla Lane, had definitely been here, I could tell by the scented candles and picture of us that she had left along with a get better note. The Lane family had been close to my family since before I was born. Camilla's mom, Stacy Goodwin Lane, had been best friends with my mom, Audrey May Park, since elementary, and our dads, Ben Lane and Chase Park met through our moms and instantly clicked. Both couples had lived in Portland, Oregon; their entire lives and bought houses right next to each other. Camilla had been born only 5 days before me, June 3rd and June 8th, so naturally we were best friends. Cradle to Grave, and my parents had even made the Lanes my god parents, just in case anything ever happened to them, and I wouldn't of had it any other way. But at age eight, my parents were killed in a double homicide while out of town, the cops caught the guy, but it was still devastating. Ever since then the Lane family consisted of Camilla's Parents, Camilla, Me, and Camilla's younger brother Evan. Then eight years later, after living in Portland for their entire life, Camilla's family decided to move to Los Angeles, California; when Camilla and I were 16, I was awful to leave Portland for LA. 

Daniel Seavey, my other best friend had obviously been here as well, multiple times, there were flowers, my favorite stuffed animals, countless pictures of us, and cards from him. Daniel's family lived in the house next to mine, Daniel, Camilla, and I were like the golden trio. My house was in between their houses, with Daniel on the left of me, and Camilla on the right. The Seavey family had lived in their house long before Camilla and I's families moved in, but they welcomed us with open arms, Daniel was born two months before Camilla and I were born, but even before we were born, our parents had already planned countless play dates for the three of us. And since then we were inseparable, always together, we even got rid of the fences in between our three houses. When my parents died, the Lanes moved into my house with me and sold their house. Daniel was devastated when Camilla and I had to move to LA when we were sixteen, after not seeing us during his time with American Idol, but he soon moved to LA with his band a year later when we were all seventeen. He lived only 10 minutes away with the rest of his band called Why Don't We. 

The Jules had visited too, I could tell because Aaron's mother Amelia had brought one of her beautiful homemade chocolate dipped strawberry baskets, a favorite of everybody who knew her. The Jules were Aaron's parents, Amelia and James, and Aaron's two younger siblings Troye, and Bailey. I can't imagine what Aaron's parents were going through right now, and his siblings as well. Having lost him in a tragedy like this. Aaron's family lived down the street from the Lanes, and were the first people to come and welcome us. Aaron and I immediately clicked, and we started dating a couple months later. When Daniel moved down to LA he highly approved of Aaron, its only been a couple of months since Daniel met him and now he's gone. 

I can tell that all the other Why Don't We boys have been here too, there are cute cards everywhere. When they first moved a couple months ago Daniel was quick to introduce is band mates, Corbyn Besson, Jonah Marais, Zach Herron, and Jack Avery. They were all incredibly nice and funny, they loved Aaron like a brother, they were always joking that he was the sixth member. In the short months that they knew him they hung out with him a lot. Camilla, Aaron, and I spent a lot of time at their house. We even met Christina Marrie, Corbyn's Girlfriend, she is absolutely amazing, Bean's so lucky to have her. I also happen to know that Camilla and Jonah caught feelings for each other within the first few days of knowing each other. But Jojo didn't ask her out until this month, they would make such a cute couple though. 

It's already been so hard without Aaron by my side. I cried myself to sleep last night because I miss him, I can't believe he's gone. It's all my fault too, I saw the car coming towards us and I saw it swerving in it's lane. I should have warned him, or something, I know there was something I could have done to save him, I could have told him to pull over but I didn't. It's my fault he's gone, I can't help but wonder if the others are mad at me. If they hate me because I didn't do anything to save him, I wonder if they'll even come today. They probably won't, everyone probably hates me now because Aaron is gone, what am I going to do without them? What am I going to do when I confront them, it's all my fault he's gone, and I've hurt my friends by not saving him. I can't imagine what they're feeling right now, knowing that he's dead and it's all my fault. 

Tears start to slide down my face, thinking about how I let the person I love die, and I've hurt so many other people by letting him die. I should have done something, I should have done anything to save him, I don't know how I'll ever love myself again. Let alone how someone else could ever love me.