Chapter 7

Day 3

(Daniel's POV)

I woke up around noon the next day and felt so disoriented. But after a few minutes I remembered everything, the accident, visiting AJ, the mashup, Camilla and Jonah, and visiting hours. We were already two hours late?? Why didn't anyone wake me up?

I went downstairs to find the house empty and a note from the boys

"Took Camilla and the boys to visit AJ, join us when you wake up - Jonah"

How could they leave me asleep?? I quickly got dressed and drove to the store. I picked out another card and more flowers, this time I grabbed some balloons too. As soon as I finished I raced to the hospital.

When I got up to the room I saw everyone there laughing and talking.

Daniel: Hey Guys

Jack: Bro you were dead asleep

Zach: Ya we tried to wake you but you wouldn't budge

Jonah: We thought it was best if you woke up on your own time.

Camilla: Jeez Daniel how'd that happen? You were always the lightest sleeper, I remember that when my alarm rang you would hear it from your house too and wake up. And it wasn't even that loud.

I laughed

Daniel: I had almost forgotten about that.

Jack: Was he really that light of a sleeper??

Camilla: Yep

Zach: Wow he's never been like that with us.

Daniel: I feel like I kinda grew out of it after Camilla and AJ moved away.

Camilla: Really??

Jonah: He's such a deep sleeper I would have never guessed.

Daniel: Maybe I grew out of it because our new neighbors were way quieter than you and AJ

I said with a laugh

Camilla: Hey! We weren't that loud were we?

Daniel: No, only once. And that was when you threw that house party sophomore year.

Camilla: I still have absolutely no idea how we managed to do that.

Jack: YOU THREW A HOUSE PARTY??

Daniel: Yes, a couple months before AJ and Camilla moved

Jonah: And you didn't get caught??

Camilla: Nope. Somehow our parents both planned weekend trips at the same time, leaving both of our houses empty.

Daniel: Ya, and our siblings were all over the idea too.

Zach: And you didn't get caught??

Camilla: No

Daniel: I don't think the police showed up either

Corbyn: How many people were there??

Camilla: Well most of the other sophomores, some juniors, seniors, and a couple freshman. So maybe like 300?

Daniel: Sounds about right

Zach: 300??

Jonah: That's insane

Camilla and I laughed

Daniel: Ya, it was mostly AJs idea

Corbyn: No way

Camilla: It was, she might be shy and sweet but she knows how to throw a great house party. She was super popular at our school too.

Daniel: Ya, she wasn't very out going but everyone knew who she was and loved her. 

Jack: Well duh they loved her she's amazing.

For the rest of the day we talked like that, just like we had the day before. Bringing back memories and sharing them, it was amazing I wouldn't have had it any other way.

But visiting hours ended again, and we had to say goodbye. It was so hard not being able to hear her say goodbye back.

The ride home was filled with laughter and conversation. I was so glad we were finding a way to be happy again. The last couple of days since the accident have just been a mess. Everybody was sad and scared, we missed Aaron, his parents were planning his funeral, but they wanted to wait a while to see if AJ would wake up. They wanted her to go too, because just like everyone else they knew that AJ and Aaron were going to get married. That's what everyone thought, even the Jules, they loved AJ like a daughter and knew that one day she would be a daughter in-law to them.

When we got home I noticed Zach was being a little quieter than usual. I followed him up to his room.

Daniel: Zach you ok?

Zach turned around to reveal his brown eyes full of tears and turning red.

Zach: Not really

Daniel: Talk to me, what's wrong.

Zach pulled me into his room.

Zach: I miss Aaron so much

Daniel: I'm sorry, I know how close you two were.

Zach had looked up to Aaron like a brother, when AJ introduced the two they immediately hit it off. I could remember countless times when Aaron had done something for Zach that one of my older brothers had done for me. Zach never had an older sibling and he always talked about how much he wanted one, I knew that that was what Aaron was to him. The older brother he never had.

Zach: When I first heard the news I was so upset, the next day I couldn't stand it. I just wanted to give up, but visiting AJ gave me hope. I thought I would be ok if I just didn't think about Aaron, but I can't. I've still been feeling so empty, and the worst part is, whenever anything was wrong I always went to Aaron. He always gave the best advice, and I feel like I've reached for my phone to text him and ask for help at least a dozen times before realizing that I can't get his help ever again. 

Daniel: I'm so sorry Zach, it's awful having to go through this. We all loved Aaron, and we all love AJ; it sucks having to see them hurt, and knowing that Aaron is gone. But it will be even worse if we don't talk about it, Zach we're here for you. Don't keep it bottled up, if you need someone to talk to, you know where to find us. We need to go through this together, it will be ok.

Zach: Thanks Daniel

Daniel: Do you need anything?

Zach: I really just  need some alone time to think.

Daniel: Ok, just please don't push me away, I want to be here for you. I want you to be happy.

Zach: Ok, thanks Daniel.

Daniel: Anytime Zach

After that I left his room, I really hope Zach will be ok. This whole situation is taking a toll on all of us and I want everyone to be ok. I really hope Zach doesn't push us away, I hope he can find a way to be ok after this.

After the long day, and everything that had just happened I flopped on my bed and fell right asleep.

YOU GUYS I HAVE 50 READS AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! YOUR AMAZING HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! YOURE AWESOME!!