Chapter 5

Day 2

(Daniel's POV)

As we got closer to the hospital I could tell Camilla was getting nervous to see AJ again. And honestly, I don't blame her, I was nervous too. The three of us had been close ever since we were little and whenever one of us was away, we always managed to stay in touch. But I always knew that Camilla would always be just a little bit closer to AJ than I would. After all they lived together and practically shared a birthday. Whenever one of them had a secret or something to confess they always went to the other first, my opinion was second. And I knew there was some secrets that would just never get to know, which is why I felt so bad for Camilla. I was nervous, I was scared, but I can't imagine what Camilla's going through. She probably has it ten times worse than I do.

The car ride was generally quiet on our way to the hospital, but we were in a much better mood than yesterday. But we were still sad and scared. By the time we got there Camilla's foot had almost pounded a hole in the bottom of the car from how fast she was tapping it.

Daniel: Ok let's go

Camilla: Dani you ready?

Daniel: I hope

We made our way to the fifth floor where AJ was and asked the front desk what room, she told us where we were going and we headed out. When we reached AJs room, there was no one else there, Ben and Stacey had told us they were going home to shower and eat. When we got into the room the first thing we did was set our gifts for AJ on the table for when she wakes up. It was surreal seeing one of my best friends laying in a hospital bed with IVs and heart monitors and other stuff hooked up to her. She was breathing on her own, that was good wasn't it? I hadn't even realized that there were silent tears streaming down my face until Camilla walked over and wiped them away

Camilla: It will be alright Dani.

Daniel: I know but what if it's not. I can't stand seeing her like this. I can't stand seeing her hurt.

Camilla: I know Dani, it hurts me too, we just have to be strong for her.

Corbyn walked over to us and joined the conversation.

Corbyn: I read that talking to people while they're in a coma can raise the chances of them waking up, I don't know about you but there's a lot I need to tell AJ.

Jonah: Same here

Camilla: I never got to tell her about my date with Jonah

Jonah scratched the back of his neck as a slight blush crept on his face.

Jack: Ooohhhh I want to hear this too.

Zach: Jonah are you blushing?

Jonah's face turned fire truck red as he turned away from Camilla

Camilla: Oh no you don't

She said as she grabbed his arm and turned him towards her.

Camilla: See you have nothing to worry about, you look absolutely adorable when you blush. 

Then she pulled him into a hug, I couldn't help but let out a little chuckle, Jonah never blushes. So this was a first. Pretty soon the whole room joined me in laughing, it felt good to laugh, it felt good to know that AJ was ok. Even if she wasn't awake I had a feeling she knew we were here, and that we loved her. We spent the rest of visiting hours in AJs room, talking. We talked about all the different memories we had with AJ. It was amazing, we laughed and cried together all six of us missing our friend. If I could have stayed the night with her I would have, but visiting hours ended and we left. I hated having to say goodbye, especially because I didn't even know if she could hear me. 

When we got out to the parking garage it seemed like we were cured of our sadness. Everyone was back to their normal selves, we were happy again. We goofed off as we walked to the car, Camilla hopped on Jonah's back and Zach hopped on Jack's and they raced to the car. Corbyn and I stayed behind and talked. 

Corbyn: I think seeing her really brightened everybody's mood. 

Daniel: Me too, just being in her presence was enough for me. 

Corbyn: I think she's going to wake up 

Daniel: I hope she does 

After a few minutes of silence I had an idea 

Daniel: What if we posted a Mash up tonight? 

Corbyn: That's a super good idea, we haven't done one in forever. 

By then we had reached the car where Camilla and the other boys were waiting. 

Camilla: Jeez what took you so long?? 

Zach: I almost died waiting 

Corbyn: We were just talking 

Daniel: Ya, we were thinking it would be fun to do a mashup tonight 

Jonah: That sounds like a great idea, we could do some of AJs favorite songs! 

Jack: Sounds like a plan! 

Camilla: I can shoot it! 

Jack: Or we can get Logan Paul to do it 

Camilla frowned 

Camilla: You guys never let me shoot your mashups anymore 

Jonah: You can come with us to Logan's if you want. 

Camilla: Ok fine. 

After that we got in the car and headed to Logan's. When we got there I grabbed my guitar out of the trunk and we headed up to Logan's apartment. Zach open the door and walked right on in, the rest of us followed, 

Corbyn: LLOOGGAANNNN?? 

Logan: WHOS IN HERE 

Jack: ITS YOUR BOYS 

Logan: ITS MAUHH BOOYYYYYSSSSS? 

Logan walked out and saw us standing here. 

Logan: IT IS MAUHHH BOOOYYYYYSSSSSSS Wait a minute. What do you need? 

Daniel: We were wondering if you would shoot a mashup for us... 

Logan: Another mashup? 

Zach: Yes 

Logan: Well I can't say no to that face let's do this!!

Guys I have 33 reads!! I know that's not a lot but this is my first fan fiction so it's a lot for me.  Thanks, I love you all!