Chapter 4; The Fight

(Told from Harry's point of view)

We were holding Quidditch trials later this day. I wasn't expecting anything new, I was only thinking it would be the same old, same old. Same beaters, same seekers, same keeper, same chasers. But I was wrong.

The first day didn't go well at all. I was excited at first, because we were going to start a few new subjects today.

"Hermione, You've got about ten subjects today." Ron said, looking over her shoulder. His eyes darted over towards Loki's schedule as well. "And you too! How are you going to be in three classes at once? I know you're good, but no one's that good."

"We've fixed it with Professor McGonagall." They say at the same time. Loki looks up at us, smirking. "Don't mention it— we're better than we look."

Hermione smiles back at him. I look back at Ron, a look of confusion on both of our faces.

We head up toward the north tower for Divination, and enter the classroom— which didn't exactly look like a classroom, more like a cross between someone's attic and a tea shop.

Our teacher— Professor Trelawney, starts to talk about a load of mumbo jumbo about reading the future and such. I can see that both Loki and Hermione are bored with the topic, and I see that Loki is doodling in a notebook. Hermione occasionally glances over at it, chuckling.

We start to read tea leaves, and Loki points out that everyone in our section seems to have bad omens. He got the omen of... something about a sphinx, about him encountering a horrible monster.

Hermione had an argument with Professor Trelawney, right before she took a look at my cup and announced that I had the Grim.

I've seen that before, in my path. It was unsettling knowing all of this, but both Hermione and Loki told us that it was all lies, nearly convincing me that it couldn't be true. But I couldn't wipe the thought from my mind.

Both Loki and Hermione agreed that Arthrithmacy was way better than Divination, but me and Ron were completely bewildered. We thought that they were playing tricks on us, because there was absolutely no way that they could have been to an Arthrithmacy class since they were with us the whole time.

We went to Care of Magical Creatures next, and that wasn't off to a great start either. Malfoy started to taunt Hagrid by talking about his brilliant decision to assign us biting books.

Then Hagrid showed us some Hippogriffs that he prepared for us, and it was going well until Malfoy did exactly what Hagrid told him not to, and the Hippogriff practically ripped his arm off.

We went back to the common room, and I started to grab my stuff for quidditch tryouts. I don't even know if Wood was holding them this year, but I went back down to the Quidditch pitch and went over to talk to Wood.

"There's no need for you to try out, Harry. We've seen you play, and we've never lost a game with you." He tells me.

"I assume we don't have any new players?" I asked him. "You have held trials already, have you?"

"Course I have! You'll see." He says. I wasn't very fond of this ominous answer.

He calls the Quidditch team to the pitch and it's all the normal gang— Fred, George, Oliver, Angelina, Katie, and me. But we're missing someone.

"Hello team." Wood announces. "You might notice that Alicia isn't with us today."

The others look around and nod.

"This means that we have a new player on our team!" Wood exclaims. I exchange looks with the other Quidditch players, who look like this is new news to them too.