Chapter 14; Sirius Black

(Told from Loki's point of view)

Ron runs after Scabbers and Crookshanks without question, and we book it after him. The sky was slowly turning to a tinge of blood red while we chased after them.

"Scabbers!" Ron yelled. He clearly wasn't looking where he was going because he rammed straight into a tree. "I got him!"

"RON!" I shriek, noticing the tree that he was under, but it was too late. One of the tree's branches whack him from behind, throwing him forward.

"Ow!" He yells, somehow still holding on to Scabbers.

I had wondered where Crookshanks had gone, but he appears right next to the tree, standing alongside a great black dog.

"No!" I try to run toward Ron, but the dog barks threateningly and bounds over to him. The dog grabs his leg and begins to drag him toward a gap in the Whomping Willow's roots like a rag doll.

Ron is screaming bloody murder, still clutching the writhing rat, until his shrieks are muffled as he's pulled under the tree.

Harry swore. "Now what? We have to get him."

"Find a way. I'll go now." I say, patting Crookshanks on the head. I turn into a black cat and swerve into the little entrance between the roots.

The tunnel in the roots grows wider so that I can finally turn back into myself without having to crouch down. I can still hear Ron's screams off in the distance of the tunnel, and that fuels me to run faster.

I was running for a long time, and I was wondering when the tunnel would stop when it turned and led me up a flight of rickety wooden stairs.

I found myself in a wooden house, some of the floorboards uplifted, the sideboards and wallpaper peeling, slivers of light shining through the gaps. A chair lay on the floor, chunks of it torn from it like a bear had ravaged the place.

"Ron?" I yelled, following the trail of blood from Ron's leg. "Hello?"

I opened the first upstairs door to find Ron lying against the wall, his pants in shreds and long, thin blood scars lining his leg. Surprisingly, Scabbers is still writhing around in his hand.

"Where's Harry?" He asked. My brow immediately furrows, annoyed that this was his first question.

"Why?" I asked, my eyes narrowed.

"Him!" Ron blurted. "It's not a dog! It's a trap! He's an animagus!"

I opened the door the entire way to see a man with filthy, black matted hair and an insane expression.

"Sirius Black." I say, reaching toward my wand. "Pleasure to meet you."

He smiles, showing a row of yellow teeth. "Harry Potter. I didn't expect you to look like this. Your appearance changed rapidly."

I threw my head back and laughed. "Well that's a first! I don't think I look like him." My expression turned serious. "I'm not the so-called chosen one." I sneer, my teeth bared threateningly. "I am Loki, and if you call me Harry again, I promise that it won't be pretty for you."

We're left staring at each other for a few moments. "Well then, I guess we'll have to wait for him."

"Quick question—" I say, starting to pace. "Why is he so utterly important? I really don't see the point. Stupid ass connection to the 'Dark Lord'... I mean really?"

"I wouldn't expect you to understand." He says.

I draw my wand, but Black is ready. "Expelliarmus!" He yells, and my wand flies out of my hand an into his.