Chapter 16; A Stolen Relic

(Told from Hermione's point of view)

I woke up in the hospital wing that same day, in a bed next to Loki. Strangely, I had a very strong urge to climb into it with him.

The Minister of Magic was in the hospital wing, talking to Snape. They were discussing something to do with Sirius Black, but something else caught my eye.

Loki's eyes were moving underneath his eyelids, and his fingers were curling slowly into fists. I saw him mouth something, his voice getting increasingly louder.

"I will lead them into the glorious battle." He was saying, when his voice changed tone suddenly. "Odin would tell you the truth, but he never trusted me!" His voice started to crack, his arms twitching suddenly.

He turned to me, his eyes still closed. When he opened them, they were an ice cold shade of blue. When he spoke, his voice... well, it wasn't his voice. It was gravelly and threatening. "You think you know pain? It'll make you long... for something sweeter...."

His eyes closed again, and then he sat bolt upright, his eyes back to normal again.

"What happened? Where are we?" He demanded, looking around.

"It's ok!" Madam Pomfrey announced, running over to Loki. "They've got Black, the dementors will be performing the Kiss any moment—"

"NO!" Both Harry and Loki yelled, Loki still fighting Madam Pomfrey to stay up.

"Calm down you two!" Fudge said. "There's no problem! Severus here is to thank for your well being. Madam Pomfrey, have they been given Chocolate?"

"The dementors don't affect me!" Loki wailed, finally succeeding in keeping Madam Pomfrey off of him.

"You've got the wrong man!" Harry emphasizes. "Sirius Black is innocent."

"He's right!" Loki agrees.

"Black has them manipulated." Snape explains.

"NO ONE CAN MANIPULATE ME!" Loki protests, standing up. "I am not manipulated." He snarls.

"As you can clearly see, Mr. Odinson here has supposedly lost his mind." Snape says boredly.

Loki hissed angrily like a cat. "It's not Odinson."

Snape looked over at him. "It seems as if he's also forgotten his name."

"FORGOTTEN?" Loki roars. "I'VE BEEN INFORMED! ENLIGHTENED!" He shrieks, standing up.

"This is a Hospital wing!" Madam Pomfrey frets. "We can not have Mr. Potter or Mr. Odinson distressed at this time!"

Loki was looking murderous, but he sat back down on the bed, and picked up his wand on the bedside table. Apparently someone had found it.

Dumbledore walked in, and that made Madam Pomfrey absolutely beside herself.

"What do you not understand?" She shrieked.

"I'm sorry, but I'd like to have a word with Harry and Hermione." Dumbledore says. "Alone." He adds.

Snape, Fudge, and Madam Pomfrey all looked startled, but they left nonetheless with very reluctant looks on their faces.

Harry, Ron and I all burst into protests, but Dumbledore pushed them aside. He supported Black's story about Peter Pettigrew, but he said there was nothing he could do to make the minister change his mind.

"What we need..." he said, turning to me. "Is more time."

My eyes widen. "Oh!"

"Now you must listen— you must not be seen. Ms. Granger, you know the law— you must not—" Dumbledore began.