Chapter 15; Werewolves

(Told from Loki's point of view)

"I'm on your side."

After Thor had left, I followed Snape to the door. I was able to sense him under the invisibility cloak, so I didn't bump into him.

"I'm still your professor." He mutters.

"I know."

Snape entered the room, and I didn't follow him. He starts to talk to Sirius and Lupin, while I slide down the wall and listen in on it. It was hard not to burst in, because even from outside the room the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Yet I still had the urge to jump in there and start doing something silly to cut the tension.

Soon, Snape and Harry were screaming at each other. Just before then, Snape had been threatening Black with the Dementor's Kiss. I had nearly cracked when he had said that, but then it was just too much.

"ENOUGH!" I shrieked, revealing myself. "Your petty arguments have no impact on the world in hindsight!"

Everyone's eyes darted to me, and my stomach relaxes. If you don't already know, I love to be the center of attention.

I turn to Snape. "Sorry Professor, I'd like to be updated." I wink at Harry and Sirius.

"Stupefy!" They scream, just before Snape registers what I've said. He flies back into the wall, collapsing the rickety four poster bed underneath him.

"Can I have my wand back?" I say, once the four poster had stopped collapsing. "I still have no reason to attack. I see you gave Harry's back."

Sirius tosses my wand back to me, and I catch it in return. I realize that both Hermione and Ron are holding up their wands at the same time.

"We attacked a teacher!" Hermione whimpered. "We're going to be in so much trouble..."

"Well it was mostly my doing." I say proudly, flicking my head to get a piece of stray hair from my face.

Harry mentioned Scabbers, and suddenly Sirius mentioned Crookshanks. Apparently Crookshanks was a cool cat, because Sirius started to compliment him on being intelligent enough to see Scabbers for who he was.

"He's also pretty... attractive." I say, smirking.

"Do you have to bring that up?" Hermione asks, her face turning slightly pink.

"Aye, I didn't, but I wanted to." I say, raising my eyebrows at Sirius and Lupin. They both looked really confused.

"I'll tell you later." I say. "For now, I'll shut up."

A lot of things happened while I sat on the bed and stroked Crookshanks. Scabbers turned into Peter Pettigrew, tried denying he was Voldemort's servant, blah blah blah. Sirius Black explained how he got out of prison, and that was it. Of course, the worst was when Peter started to crawl around, pleading for mercy.

He stopped in front of me. "Oh, please don't let them take me! You— you understand! Don't you?"

"I really don't. You know, life isn't about staying alive. It's about living. That— what you did, isn't living." I say, putting my shoe on his forehead and pushing him away. I purr like a cat very convincingly. "I'm disappointed that Crookshanks never had you for lunch."

There's a silence, while Pettigrew whimpers on the floor. "I think we ought to go." Sirius comments.

"Of course." I say, picking up Snape with my hands and cradling him. "Who's got Pettigrew?"

"I will." Lupin volunteers.

"Me too." Ron adds savagely, limping on his bloody, mangled leg.

"Let's go." I say, leading the way out the door. The group must have looked pretty strange from an outsider, first came Crookshanks, holding his tail high and proudly. Then came me, holding Snape like a baby, his greasy hair hanging toward the ground. Then came Ron, Lupin and Pettigrew, looking like a strange, three legged race. Sirius, Harry and Hermione bring up the rear.