Chapter 9; Resentment

(Told from Harry's point of view)

Neither me nor Loki looked like we were going to enjoy the Christmas holiday. Loki was showing nothing short of bitter resentment toward me, and it didn't look like it was going to go well at all.

The curtains on Loki's four poster bed were shut tight and clothes pinned to the wall. We weren't off to a great start.

I looked through my bedside cabinet until I found the book that Hagrid had given me in my first year. I flipped through the pages until I stopped on a page of my parent's wedding day. Their best man... that must be Sirius.

Out of the blue, I suddenly felt extremely tired. I could barely fight to keep my eyes closed. It was a shock, because I felt wide awake just a moment ago.

I decided that I was too tired to stay awake. I rolled onto my bed and fell asleep immediately.

I expected to dream about Sirius Black, but I found myself just outside the Shrieking Shack, alone and cold.

I pulled my scarf around my neck, shivering. I seemed to be completely aware of what was happening— but yet I knew I was dreaming.

I looked down at my clothes, which were my normal school robes, but they had strange, burned holes in them. My hands were gloved, so I couldn't see any of my skin.

I looked around to make sure I was alone. I didn't know where to go or what to do— my dreams normally aren't like this.

A voice sounded from behind me. "It's a pleasure, as always."

I turned around to see Loki walking toward me, wearing the Slytherin uniform with the Slytherin crest embroidered on his robes.

"Nice day." He says, staring off into the distance. I looked over to where he was looking. The lake was calm, shimmering slightly in the sunlight. "I visited here yesterday. I wish I didn't."

"Why not?" I asked, looking at him. It was nice for a change to have a relaxing dream, and not a dream where fear constantly loomed over me.

"Sometimes ignorance is a bliss." Loki says, stepping closer to the lake. "Sometimes you ought to be kept in the dark."

He walks back toward me. "It's your choice."

"What's my choice?" I asked, staring into his intense green eyes.

A hand mirror materializes in his hand. "Do you want to be kept hidden away from the truth?"

I took the mirror from him but didn't hold it up to my face. "What's this?"

The corners of his mouth twitch. "see me."

I raise the mirror to my face and gasp.

My eyes were bright red and my face was a dull bluish color. Faint lines made a pattern on my face.

I dropped the mirror and fell back in shock. Loki started to laugh. It was an infectious laugh, but not one that I wanted to return. It infected me and crawled down my throat.

Suddenly, his laugh stopped. I was still lying on the ground. It had gone silent.

A hand grabs my neck and pulls me up so that I can see him. Loki was holding me, and now his face was that light, dull blue and his eyes were scarlet. Now he had the tattered robes and scarf on.

There was a gleam of malice in his scarlet eyes, as tears flowed from his eyes and dripped off his cheeks. He bared his teeth in a slight smile as he held my neck hard. He started to lift me off the ground before he dissolved and so did the scene around him.