Imagine telling Peter you're pregnant

He was uncharacteristically quiet and it made your stomach flip. There was no telling how he'd react to the news, but you figured he'd be vocal regardless.

But quiet?

Peter Quill was never quiet.

You fumbled for the sonogram you had gotten on Nova Empire a few days ago, that was tucked in your back pocket.

"T-the doctor said I was about six weeks and she made an appointment for me to go back in a month. Here's a sonogram," you held out the photo, hands shaking afraid Peter wouldn't take it. To your relief he took it without meeting your gaze. You watched his fingers grip the flimsy photo and your body tensed up, waiting for him say something.

"What is it?"

Peter's voice was thick with emotion and when he finally looked at you, his eyes were glossy. "A boy or a girl?"

"It's too early to tell," you smiled weakly still not sure where he stood. Your eyes fell to your lap with anticipation. "I know this wasn't planned and hell I'll understand if you don't want-"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Your head snapped up to the Guardian's leader, "You just sat there in silence, Peter you never shut up."

He smirked and looked back down at the sonogram, "Nah, I'm just shocked. But totally happy."

"Yeah?"

Peter stood up from his seat and pulled you up from yours, "Yes, you little shit. I'm happy, we're going to be parents."

You grinned as he placed his hand over your stomach, "This kid is going to have a kick ass mom."

"And Star-lord as a dad, I mean come on," you smirked up at Peter. "You think Rocket can make a little toy quad blaster?"

"Hell yes."