Imagine getting in an argument with Peter

You stood in the cockpit of the Milano, Peter was going on and on about how going down to Earth would be a disaster.

"We can all go, Peter, it will be fun," you explained, arms folded across your chest.

Peter groaned and started moving around the room. "You can go by yourself, we'll get you a ship from the Nova Corps."

"No," you snapped, walking up to him. "We're a team, a family, we should all go together."

"Come on! You can go by yourself! This is not Cheers after all!".

After everything that had happened with his mother, Peter didn't want to set foot on the planet. You on the other hand, wanted to go home, wanted to find your family.

"Don't throw my favorite show in my face, Peter Quill!"

"You're being stupid," he shouted back and you took a deep breath, not wanting to escalate the situation even more and definitely not wanting to say something you'd regret later. So instead, you walked away and went to your small room on the Milano.

Peter watched with regret as you disappeared out the room, running a hand over his face.

"Well, shit."

...

You sat on the edge of you bed, looking at the only photo you had of your sister. Sure, you understood why Peter didn't want to go back, but going without him didn't seem like an option. The two of you had this thing going on for months, hell years, and it scared you to leave him. You weren't sure if it was the thought of being apart from him or the mere chance that being apart from him would lessen his feelings for you, that had you begging for him to come with you. Yet, you knew he wouldn't or more couldn't and deep down you were okay with that - finding your sister was your adventure, but leaving Peter behind was provening to be harder.

Collapsing on your bed, you held the photo above your head and felt a pain in your chest, in your soul. She was your little sister and you could barely remember her now - it had been a long twenty years, she'd be about 26. Your parents were originally from Xander, but when your mother died and your father had been killed while on a mission for the Nova Corps - you were both placed with a family, but things never worked out with you. You sister was too young to understand, but you couldn't stop running away, causing trouble and then one day, they were gone. You were again placed into another home and when you were finally able to get information on your sister when she turned 18 - you were devastated to find out she had been taken to Earth. Never having the means, you had to go on with life without knowing if she was okay and now, nothing was going to stop you from finding her.

A soft knock came from your door and you sat up, calling for whoever it was to come in.

It was Peter, looking every bit sorry as he asked if he could come in. You said of course and when he walked over to the bed, he moved down next to you.

"Listen, I'm sorry for being a jackass," he apologized and you shrugged, throwing your left arm around his shoulder.

"It's fine, I'm sorry to," you said, pressing a kiss onto his shoulder

He smirked and asked to see the photo in your other hand. "You were so cute back then."

"Very funny."

"She looks like you."

"My little twin," you said quietly, taking the photo from Peter. "I know you can't go back, Peter. I know and I would never make you, but.."

"What?"

Peter turned his body towards you, eyes soft as he waited for you to answer his question.

Sighing, you looked down at the photo, tears pooling in your eyes. "I don't want you to stop feeling whatever it is you feel about me when I leave..."

He laughed and you glared at him, body relaxing when he pulled you into his side. "Come on, babe, you think I'd forget you? You're badass, hot, and funny, and you can beat Rocket at poker."

"Well, he cheats," you pointed out and Peter grinned.

"He does, but seriously. Go find your sister, I'll be waiting for you. Can't guarantee I won't sleep with -"

"PETER."

"I'm kidding," he laughed, dodging the playful smack you gave him on the arm. "It's me and you. Sam and Diane. Cheers, remember?"

"They don't end up together, don't you remember?"

Peter rolled his eyes, moving down onto the bed. He pulled you with him and you squealed as he started tickling your sides, your laugh filling the room. You screamed for him to stop and he did, pushing your back into the mattress as he climbed on top of you. His body hovered over yours and he looked down at you - a soft smile on his handsome face.

"Listen, we're better than Sam and Diane. We're Peter and Y/N, okay? And when you get back from finding your sister, I'll be here. I'm not gonna stop loving you."

"You love me?"

Your heart fluttered as Peter shrugged nonchalantly. "Yeah, I love you, dork."

Bringing a hand up to his face, you smacked it playfully. "I love you too, Peter Quill."