Can't Lose You

Peter getting genuinely mad was not something that normally happened. Sure he got into fights with Rocket or even the occasional fight with Gamora, but nothing super serious. They would be solved within an hour or so, and soon replaced with "We've been married for forty years" bickering.

Not today though, Peter was truly mad. He slammed the door shut as he left his room, "Have I ever told you that Tony Stark is a huge dickwad". The Avengers were calling in anyone who had experience with Thanos, which meant he had to video chat with them.

Raising an eyebrow you said, "What happened did he say his gun was bigger than yours?". Peter laughed dryly and gave you a bitch face, letting you know he was truly angry.

You cursed yourself for thinking about how sexy Peter looked when he was angry. That's one of the reasons why you enjoyed teasing him lightly, he was damn sexy when mad". Peter said the same thing about you.

Raising his hands up in anger he said, "No he didn't (y/n), but he insulted us all!". You'd placed down the book you'd been reading, giving Peter your full attention. Trying to ease his anger you asked, "Have you talked with Steve he's much more-".

Peter cut you off, "He said we were inexperienced, that I don't care enough about you guys and put your lives in danger!". You had expected something like that to annoy Peter, but not make him fuming.

You walked over to him, "Why did he say that Peter?". His anger only grew, and he avoided your gaze. He punched the wall, "Doesn't matter, the asshole said it! I care about you guys so much!! We're family and-".

This time Peter was cut off by Rocket, " I think we all know who you care about Quill". You felt yourself blushing as Rocket tried to subtly hint at you but failed. The rest of the team had walked in, done running errands for the day.

Peter pointed a finger at Rocket, "Don't start with me right now I'm seconds away from calling you the "r" word!". Rocket just rolled his eyes, and took Groot to go sit down with him.

Gamora asked, "Maybe Tony was referencing your trip to Morag with (y/n)". That was one of the missions that the team could never forget.

Drax added, "Oh yes that was the time where Peter made a huge mistake and got (y/n) seriously injured". Gamora turned sending daggers at Drax while he looked confused. That mission was something Peter hated talking about.

You and Peter had been sent to Morag to retrieve an ancient script that the Nova Corps needed. It was supposed to be the classic run of the mill mission which is why only you and Peter left the ship.

Morag was an oceanic planet, and only housed various species of animals. The script was located in a sea cavern, but you had a map telling you directly where it was.

Rocket had given you and Peter special equipment to breath underwater. The mission couldn't get any simpler.

You and Peter easily found the cavern, and it was amazing to be underwater but have everything be clear as day. Peter smirked watching you take it in, "Guess swimming with the fishes ain't so bad in this case huh (y/n)".

Smiling back you said, "As long as either of us don't go belly up". This caused the both of you to laugh, you were the only one who was able to share Peter's sense of humor.

Being from Earth helped greatly, Peter had first found you on Xandar. You'd been a shield agent sent to help handle intergalactic communications.