A Little Pathetic

Drax's words ran miles in Peter's head as he nursed a cold drink in a sleazy bar, on some planet they decided to take a break on.

There are two types of beings in the universe: those who dance, and those who do not.

Peter groaned into his drink, annoyed at the pulling in his stomach.

You need to find a woman who's pathetic, like you.

"You okay?" you shifted on the bar stool and looked at the troubled man next to you. "You're mumbling like a complete lunatic."

Peter immediately smiled when he saw your face. "Now that I'm here with you.."

"Oh geez," you laughed and smacked him on the shoulder. "You're worse than some of the Terran men I use to know."

"You're from Earth?"

You nodded at the handsome man, "Born and raised mostly. My mom was down and under, got herself knocked up by my human dad."

"Hold on, when's the last time you went down there?"

"It's been about six months or so," your eyes gazed at the man's lips before looking away. "I try to visit my old man as often as I can."

"Wow, I haven't met another Terran in a long time," Peter grinned.

"Y/N," you held out a hand.

"Star-lord," Peter gripped your hand tightly, both of you tried not to react to the electricity felt by your skin's touching.

"Star-lord?" you snorted.

"You haven't heard of me? Guardians of the Galaxy? We defend-" Peter groaned as you laughed.

"Nope, but you sound like you belong on a box of Wheaties!"

Peter's eyes widen, "No way! Oh man, what I wouldn't give for a box of Wheaties!"

The two of you sighed at the same time, remembering the delicious cereal. Your eyes glanced at the man and your heart fluttered at his smile; his jawline was covered in a 5' o'clock shadow and his eyes were promising something more than a one night stand. And then something else caught your eye, the headphones he had around his neck that lead to a walkmen on his side.

"No way!" you practically jumped out of your seat. "Is that a walkman?"

Peter glowed with pride as he took off his headphones, "Hells yeah, want a listen?"

You don't even answer, you just grabbed the headphones from his hand and placed them on your head. Peter pressed down on the play button and watched with pure joy as your eyes lit up.

"I love this song!" You yelled, moving your head to the music. The song hits you right in the heart, body swayed to beat of the music.

"I must have been through about a million girls. I'd love 'em then I'd leave 'em alone," you sang to the man next to you, who was grinning like an idiot. "From one Terran to another, how about a dance Star-Prince?"

Peter groaned at your mispronunciation of his name, but stood up from his bar stool. He held out his hand to you, smiling you slid the headphones around your neck so the two of you could hear the music. Taking his hand, you let him lead you to the middle of the bar; neither of you giving two shits about the inebriated looks you were getting. Peter turned the volume up on the walkman and pulled you closer to his body. You rested your head against his shoulder, "I bet this is what prom's like."

Peter smirked, "Does this mean you'll sleep with me at the end of the night?"

You ignored his response, but smiled to yourself and listened to the music.

I fooled around and fell in love, since I met you baby. I fooled around and fell in love..

The two of you danced together and strangely everything seemed just right. The way his hand felt on the small of your back and for Peter, the way you felt against his chest. Drax's words rang again in Peter's head.

There are two types of beings in the universe: those who dance, and those who do not. You need to find a woman who's pathetic, like you.

"So by any chance you don't happen to be pathetic?"

His question had you looking up at him in confusion, but you shrugged lightly. "From time to time, I've been known to be a little pathetic."

"Perfect," he sighed in relief and pulled you tighter against his body. "By the way, the name's Peter Quill."

"Well, Peter," you gazed up at him with a warm smile. "I have to say, you're a perfect dancing partner."