Awkward

Don't give a fuck, not giving up,
I still want it all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh. Ughh...hi?" Namjoon said awkwardly, rubbing his neck.

Tae had dragged him to Jin's café because he wanted to see his boyfriend. Namjoon was confused as to why he had to come but got pulled along anyway.

And now he was face to face with Kim Seokjin, the guy he had realised he might not hate.

"Umm hey." Jin blushed. "Do..do you want your usual?"

"Ugh y..yeah. Thanks. Im gonna g..go sit down." The younger stuttered.

"Okay."

Jin quickly made Namjoon's drink, trying to ignore the fact that the younger was occasionally looking over at him.

"One espresso." Seokjin said, voice wavering and cup shaking around on the plate.

"Thanks Jin." Namjoon smiled. Jin could have sworn his heart stopped. Heat ran up to his cheeks and his hands started getting clammy.

"Oh. B..before I get back to work," Jin pulled out a stack of cash. "Heres the money. F..for your jacket." He held the money out to Namjoon to take.

"N..no its fine. You don't have t..to." Namjoon said sincerely.

"But I ruined your favourite jacket! Let me pay for it."

"It's fine honestly. I was overreacting." The younger reassured, scratching his neck awkwardly.

"Fine. Let me b..buy you dinner. At least." Jin lowered his head in embarrassment. Why did he ask that?

"U..umm.. yeah. Okay. When?" Namjoon asked, blushing.

"How about tonight? 8pm? I finish work at 5 so it'll be fine." Seokjin smiled, breathing a sigh of relief. He thought he would get rejected.

"Okay. That's fine with me. I can pick you up if you want? Text me your address?"

"Okay. I should get back to work. See you at 8?"

"Yeah. Bye!" Namjoon waved.

"Bye." Jin smiled and didn't stop smiling.

Tae waltzed over to Namjoon and sat in front of him.

"Where have you been?" Namjoon asked. Tae had disappeared as soon as they walked in the door.

"Break room. With Kookie." Tae blushed.

"What were you doing there?" The older asked, eyebrows knitted together.

Tae just looked at him, face getting redder. Namjoon took the opportunity to take in Taehyungs ruffled appearance.

Messy hair, red cheeks, swollen lips...

"Tae! In the break room? Really?!?" Namjoon shouted, gaining the attention of most of the café (and a flustered looking Jungkook, trying to clean a table).

"Shut up! We were just kissing!" The younger hissed back at him. "Anyway, what were you and Jin talking about? I saw him walk away, smiling before."

Now it was Namjoon's turn to blush.

"We.. we were.. I... we..." He stuttered.

Tae smirked and sniggered. "Now come on Joonie, tell your best friend TaeTae what you and Jinnie Jin were discussing!" Tae laughed.

Namjoon had a disgusted expression. "I will tell you if you promise to never say a sentence like that again."

Taehyung nodded quickly and gestured for Namjoon to continue. The older sighed. "He tried to give me money for my jacket but I refused so were going out for dinner tonight instead." He mumbled but Tae heard all of it.

"OMG JOONIE HAS A DATE!!!" He exclaimed. Namjoon went wide eyed and blushed.

"It's not a date! And be quiet!"