♩↝i don't give a fuck about u anyway

.             ⋆            ⁚        +   ·         。

◊        ·   ♪      .           ·   .      ✵         .

·  ✧.   ·     chap. thirteen    ·  .     ♬

·             ○  .        ·    .       ♫     ⁚      *

⁕      ‥      ·        ∗         .   °     +        ·

their friends knew about jeno and jaemin's relationship but didn't know the younger's true feelings about it.

jaemin was hard to read. he had a bright, beautiful smile, a melodious laugh. he also had the fiercest, darkest eyes and expression, jawline as sharp as jeno's when he was feeling cold.

during elementary, back when his parents were busy yet cared enough to make time for their son, he'd smile and laugh all the time, a consistently cheerful, innocent kid. but something changed. maybe it was when his parents forgot his birthday, or maybe when he started going through his pubescent years and became an angsty teenager with mood swings.

maybe it was part of life, part of growing up to learn more about the world, learn more reasons to let that smile drop.

whatever it was, he stopped smiling and laughing so regularly, reserving his happy nature for his friends and flings if he felt lighthearted enough.

almost always, he kept his true feelings to himself.

it had now been a few weeks since his last encounter with jeno, halfway through summer. jeno had kept texting and calling, generating the most notifications on the caramel-haired boy's phone out of all his contacts, but jaemin ignored the older. although he liked the attention jeno unfailingly gave him, he wasn't in the mood.

he stayed in his house, holed up, until he finally decided to answer jeno's texts.

monday 4:20pm

jeno
‣ baby boy
‣ cum back to me
‣ i have dance rn
‣ you've been skipping a lot of classes
‣ don't you like dance?
‣ ugh gtg

yesterday 1:27am

jeno
‣ baby boy
‣ it's been fucking three weeks
‣ stop ignoring me
‣ ik you're fine, ik you're at your house, i can see it from sc
‣ babe pls
‣ answer me

today 6:16pm

jeno
‣ baby boy
‣ imu
‣ i'm coming to your house rn if you don't reply

jaemin
‣ k

jeno
‣ fiNaLLy

jaemin
‣ oopsie poopsie gtg

jeno
‣ wtf
seen 6:19pm