Jungle Trouble

-Takes place  with Tails and Sticks-

Sticks and Tails were walking/flying at jungle, the darkness making them have a hard time see the place. Well that's expected with the big trees with thick branches and leaves. 

"No wonder that loony pick this place to hide in. It's the perfect place to hide traps." Sticks said, while using a long stick to find traps on the ground. 

"You're right about that. This place is probably crawling with traps" Tails said using his two tails to fly to avoid the traps. "Like my bunker" Sticks said while looking around. Tails turn to her and gave a strange look of confusion.

Sticks notice this and and gave a confuse look, "what? People could be stealing my great grandparents's curse antics." 

Tails shakes and turn his head away from the (now) half -badger before looking back at the map, "I'm pretty sure no one would want to steal your great grandparent's anti-AH!" Tails yelp as his two tails were caught in some ropes. The rope was attach to something from above that cause tails to dangle above sticks.

"Tails!" Sticks exclaim seeing his friend dangle above her. Sticks went to the tree tails was dangling in when her feet was caught in a trap and was now trap in a small cage made out of old  bamboo trees. the cage rose up and now Sticks and Tails were side by side. 

"Well, well. What do we have here? Some strange creatures wondering in MY territory. Brats like you two shouldn't be here." An old man spoke, in a cockney accent. The two trap humans look down and saw the strange man that looks like to be in his late 40's.

He looks like to be in an average height, he wears a brown coat, under the coat he wears his  dirty shirt and pants, boots stain in mud and, his belt full of knifes and whatnot.

The middle age man(I use 'man' because he's human.) went to tails first and cut down the rope causing tails to fall down with a loud thud. As tails quickly try to fight back, the man quickly got a hold of his arms and tied them up and so is his legs. He went to sticks and lowered the cage knowing it would break if it fell down from that height. 

He started to drag the two to where he lives. While walking and dragging the two, the man spoke and introduce himself. "The names Heathen. I've been been trap in this stinking island for who knows how long! Crash landed in this place when I was flying my plane to visit a friend. Storm came and I just woke up here. No signal, not enough food for a year, no plane, no way out. Ever since then, I've been waiting for someone to come and save me from this dreaded island! But who would find a floating island...That was until you two came!" He exclaim with a bit of joy in his voice. 

As Heathen continue to talk. Tails look at the, crazy, man questionably. Plane? A normal plane could never reach a place this high, if a rocket, maybe, but this place was probably never meant to be found, Tails thought before feeling himself get thrown and land on a wooden floor. Tails looks up and saw the man in front of a door before throwing Sticks in. 

He just notice that he's now in a house, Heathen's house. Sticks took this as a chance and broke the cage. Once out, she dash towards Heathen and tried to attack him. Heathen step aside to avoid her attack. He grabbed a metal bar and swing it to her stomach. Sticks stood up only to fall back to her knees once she felt the pain on her stomach. 

"Sticks!" Tails yell, worried about his friend. 

Heathen lock the door and went to tails to cut the ropes. Once free, Tails didn't take the risk to attack. Who knows what would happen if he did. So he just went to Sticks and ask if she was alright. Sticks nodded while still clutching her stomach.

Tails look at Heathen and saw he was searching for something on his desk. 

Heathen took what looks like to be a blueprint before giving it to Tails. Tails unrolled the blueprint and saw a drawing of a jet, it had formulas, the length and everything an engineer-er needs to know to build this kinds of things. 

Tails looks at Heathen questionably. Heathen only smiles at him and said the most weirdest, and probably the most disturbing thing, he ever hears, "I know an engineer-er when I see one." Before leaving.

Tails look around and just notice how messy this is. Tails grab Sticks's arm and wrap it around his neck before leading her to a chair to sit on. Tails look at the blueprint again and saw all the fail formulas the man did before doing a new one. 

Tails can tell Heathen was desperate to get out of this place, though he can understand why. He's been stuck for who knows how long. It made him feel sorry for the man, but at the same he doesn't. Something feels, wrong about this, about Heathen. 

There was just something that doesn't add up. The guy told them the stories and information about himself, when they didn't even ask for it. He was blunt, but in a bad way. 

"Tails, got a plan to get out of this place?" Sticks ask, feeling much better. Tails rolled up the blueprint and turn to her, "Not really, there's just something that doesn't add up about this. Heathen said he doesn't have that much things to fix his plane, so why even bother make us build one? And not only that but he also said he went here by a plane and crash landed into this place." Tails said.

"We also crash landed into this place, Tails." Sticks said. Tails shook his head 'no'. "No we didn't. We got here safely while you guys passed out in the ride." 

"But didn't we also use a plane on the way here?" Sticks ask "I use a plane, yes, but the engine was different, that's why I can tell that guy was lying." Tails said 

"Forget about that guy for now, he isn't our priority to take care of. Anyway, that guy Heathen is great at making traps and where to put them by probably theorizing what will happen next. It would be great to know how he does it, but I don't think we need a whack-job in the ride way home." Sticks said. 

A loud thud of wood falling into each other cause the two to snap their heads at the front door. There stood Heathen, with a not so kind smile, it was crazy. His eyes are dilated and he was shaking from who knows what reason. 

"A p-plane...You two have a plane? You shouldn't have said so. It would have been much easier than building a failing jet! I can finally...FINALLY GET OUT OF THIS DREADED ISLAND! SO WHERE?! WHERE IS IT?! I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A PLANE ANYMORE SO ONE OF YOU HAS TO DRIVE!" Heathen started to yell hysterically, creeping out the two. 

They weren't comfortable with this guy anymore. Well they weren't comfortable from the beginning, but now they want out of this place pronto.         

"So where is it-!" Heathen growl in pain once Sticks threw at him a piece of large metal bar causing him to lay on his back. 

They use this chance to escape. Tails use his two tails to fly out with Sticks hanging onto him. 

"Hmm~Guess I have to use brute force huh?~" Heathen hum to himself. 

"Come on Tails, fly faster!" Sticks said to him trying to yell to give away there spot. "I'm trying, but it's hard with the trees!" Tails said, flying above a branch.

"Then fly higher!" Sticks reason, "he will quickly see us. We need to lay l-LOW!!" Tails started yelling once his tails was suddenly wrap in ropes causing them to fall. 

"I told you wanted a way out of this place, WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE THAT?!" Heathen yelled at them.

"Cause your a whack-job." Sticks said calmly. She quickly untie the ropes (It's the kinds of rope with rocks at both end for an easy throw) from Tails tails and threw them at Heathen. It didn't tie him up completely but it did gave Sticks and Tails enough time to escape.

"Hope we lost him this time!" Tails said running next to sticks "Less talking more runni-" Sticks stop mid sentence and gasp. She and Tails stop running and look at the person in front of them. Free and ahead of them somehow...

"Now where were we?" 

(-_-) Creepy, maybe, but it's part of the plot of my book...