Chapter Five

"Smile
Say 'I Love You'"

---

Three weeks flew by as if it was three days.

Thankfully for me, my mother and Mrs. Jeon managed most of the planning by themselves, which gave me enough time to work on my collection. So the day before I was to get married to Jungkook, I was more than up to date with it, especially because we were expected to be away for at least a week for our honeymoon.

I know, it makes no sense.

Why on earth would a fake marriage need a honeymoon is beyond me, or why my mother said that if we wanted to extend it, it would be okay. Extended it for what, exactly? So me and my husband could test each other's patience for longer? No, thank you very much.

I wasn't saying Jungkook was awful, he wasn't, but he could be annoying and damn stubborn when he wanted to. Normally, whenever he was around me, he made sure to be those things to their maximum just to make me mad.

The idiot.

But he wasn't all bad. These past three weeks had been filled with dates, each one as fake as the last, but they also gave me more insight on the real Jungkook. The side of him he kept buried, the one that slipped through the cracks sometimes.

The guy I had a crush on years ago.

The same one that rejected me flatly.

Yes, I could admit that worse fates could've been sentenced to me, and Jungkook was the least of my problems. But I wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

I would not, by any chance, fall in love with him.

It didn't matter that every single one of those dates ended with a kiss on my doorstep, or that when in public, he seemed like the perfect guy. We both knew this was a temporary deal, it wouldn't last and it wasn't real to begin with.

I couldn't give myself the luxury of forgetting that.

I looked ahead of me, into the huge mirror my mother had ordered someone to put in my room, as four different people tended to me. One was in charge of my hair, the other did my make up. I also had someone doing my hand nails and another at my feet.

I kept my eyes closed for most of it. I couldn't really do much more than stay there, not moving, and all the commotion seemed extremely unnecessary to me. But my mother was happy about it, so why spoil her fun?

I wasn't sure how long later someone tapped my shoulder to say they were done. Opening my eyes, I got up. To get into the dress now.

Jisoo had done an amazing job with the white confection. It had a strapless lace corset, which was delicate and alluring at the same time. The big skirt had some flowers made of the same material as the skirt itself scattered around it, giving me a fairy princess look. Paired with the light pinkish makeup they'd done and the loose half up on my hair, I looked like the perfect bride.

I stared into my reflection and realized everyone was staring at me in awe. I rolled my eyes discreetly. Only if they knew this was a set up.

I heard someone clearing a throat and turned to find my brother standing at the door. Asking everyone else to leave us, I waited for him to walk to me, picking up the bouquet from the table.

- You look ... I don't even know what word to use. – he said, his eyes shining.

- Thank you. – I answered, smoothing his lapels and tie in place.

- Are you ready for this? It's not too late to back out. – he said, grasping my hand and looking into my eyes. – I would totally be by your side.

- I know you would, but we already talked about this. – I explained, tightening my hold on his hand. – I'm okay, I promise. Help me down the stairs?