Chapter Six

"I don't know, I don't know
I don't know why"

---

- Explain to me again why we're here? – I asked Jungkook, crossing my arms in front of my chest defensively as we walked down the street.

- We're here because we agreed to the crazy idea our fathers had and now we need to convince people that we love each other. – he said, hugging my shoulders with his arm. – As any newlywed couple would.

- I still don't get why we need to be in freaking Paris for that.

- Come on, there's got to be someplace you want to visit here. – he said as we walked by a park. – A boutique, maybe?

- Of course there are a lot of places I want to visit, it's Paris. But none of them are honeymoon attractions.

- Baby, we just need to go together, whatever we do is optional.

- Are you seriously offering to take me shopping, knowing you will be sitting and waiting as I try things on?

He stopped for a moment and considered my words, realization dawning on his face.

- I just got myself into a trap, didn't I?

- Pretty much. – I said, chuckling.

- Ugh. – he said jokingly, both of us laughing from it. Don't ask me when this friendship between us started, but it was easier to be by his side by the minute. It seemed I had gotten used to him. – Okay, let's make a deal. We'll go shopping and you can try on the whole store if you want, please don't by the way, but afterwards we're going bowling.

- Bowling? – I asked surprised. – You want to go bowling?

- Yeah, why not? It's fun. – he said simply.

- I never went bowling. – I admitted quietly.

- Don't worry, I'll teach you. – he stated as we reached the edge of the park. – Where to next?

I looked at the street ahead of us, analyzing the store windows on the other side. They all looked good, but one in particular caught my attention. By the looks of it, it was an exclusive collection and the designs on show appealed to my inner stylist. Disentangling Jungkook's arm from my shoulders, I held his hand and pulled him towards the store.

Walking inside, even the smell was different. I loved these kinds of places, where each piece was unique, all of them different yet they had a trait in common. They all seemed to gravitate into the same general theme, but each one showed a side of it.

- Welcome, sir, ma'am. Can I help you choose something? – asked a polite brunette, a friendly smile on her lips.

I expected Jungkook to answer since everytime we went out together he usually did the talking. But looking at him, I realized he was looking at me.

Okay, this is my territory.

- Yes, thank you. – I answered, smiling back at her. – Can I take a look at your newest collection?

- Certainly. This way, please.

I followed her, taking in the colors and styles, as Jungkook trailed behind us. He kept quiet for most of it, but everytime I looked into his eyes he smiled, showing me it was okay.

As I browsed through the shop, I selected four dresses I wanted to try, all of them different from each other. One was an ivory color with a more classic-pure look. Another was a reddish-wine, also bolder on the cut. A royal blue one I couldn't decide if it was proper or cute and an ombré pink that started very pale at the chest and became darker as it reached the feet, ending in a deep purple.