Chapter Fourteen

"Love?
What the heck is love?"

---

Opening my eyes slowly, I came out of stupor and greeted a new day. It was a Saturday, but I was heading to the atelier nonetheless, too eager to finish a dress. The very one I had wanted to rip apart that day Taehyung rescued me away.

Taehyung.

That day brought a happy and a sour memory to mind. Happy, because we had so much fun, talking and going on rides, his sweet side showing how adorable he could be. Sour, because that day had been perfect, it had ended perfectly. But at the end of the day, despite the fact it had been a simple and rather quick kiss, I had done the exact same thing I accused Jungkook so much of doing.

I had cheated. And I had liked it.

For that reason, I had barely talked to Taehyung since that day.

Guilt was a powerful thing. It could make you feel bad towards something, someone, that deserved none of it. Someone who didn't even care. Who did way worse.

What was a kiss compared to what Jungkook usually did? What was a goodbye touch compared to the countless nights he arrived at dawn? It was nothing. It should mean nothing.

But it did.

Shaking my head in frustration, I swept the comforter aside and got up. After undressed, I stepped into the shower and washed my skin, trying to will the confusing feelings inside me to go down the drain along with the water like I did every day now.

It didn't really work. Again.

Brushing my teeth and hair when I was done, I quickly dressed in jeans and a sweater, taking into account the wind outside. Choosing a pair of boots, I stepped out into the hallway and headed down to the kitchen.

It was still early and I had some spare time, so I decided to make breakfast and brew a pot of coffee. Those tasks took considerable space in my mind, allowing my brain to focus only on that and shut off to any external incentives.

Ten minutes later, I sat on a stool with a plate and a steaming mug, chewing on the first bits of food. As I ate, footsteps sounded on the stairs and a soft thump of a suit jacket being left on the couch.

- Morn ... Achooo!

I turned around at the sound, catching a glimpse of Jungkook holding a handkerchief against his nose and blowing on it. As soon as the white cloth was off his face, I noticed the reddened skin and the watering eyes.

- Are you okay? – I asked.

- Sure. Just caught a cold or something. – he stated, sitting down beside me. – I just need a coffee and I'll ... Achooo!

Not caring if my touch would be welcome or not, I pressed my hand on his forehead as he stilled his action of cleaning his nose. His skin was hot and he was sweating.

- You have a fever. – I said, frowning.

- I'm fine. I'll just have a coffee and head to the office ...

- You're not going anywhere.

Jungkook stared at me for a moment, trying to decide if he had heard me right. When he judged I had indeed ordered him to stay home, he scowled.

- I can't stay home, Hyejin. I have work to do.

- There's something called a sick leave, you know. Plus, it's Saturday. The company isn't going to catch on fire if you don't show up today.

- I'm not sic ... Achooo! – he groaned, blowing on his handkerchief again. – Besides, I can't just not go.

Ignoring him, I took my phone and browsed the contacts as he sneezed again, groaned and stood to pour some coffee on a mug for him. When I found the name I was looking for, I pressed on it and waited as it ringed.