Epilogue

"If love is an illusion,
to hell with reality."

---

The wind hit my face from the open window, only adding to my already picked curiosity. I had absolutely no idea of where I was headed, and not for lack of asking. When the man was intent on being stubborn, there was no changing his mind.

But that's life with Jungkook. Unpredictable.

The only explanation I got when he woke me up at four in the morning, was a simple "It's a surprise". No matter how mad I was at him for waking me up at such hour, or how many times I tried to probe the information of our destination out of him.

I still had no idea where we were going.

The fact he decided to blindfold me was a mere detail in the whole ordeal.

- I still don't understand why this is necessary. - I complained, crossing my arms against my chest and invisibly rolling my eyes at him.

- I just want you to have the full impact.

- I can do that without the blindfold. - I insisted, but only managed to make him chuckle.

- Maybe. But I'm not taking any chances.

I huffed and he chuckled again. I loved the man, but sometimes I really just wanted to throttle him.

Yes, he was the most kind and generous husband he could be. He did every single little thing he thought was going to make me happy. At this point, after being married to him for little more than a year and a half, I could not even fathom my life without him.

But that didn't mean I didn't feel like murdering him sometimes. As kind and loving as he was, he could be just as stubborn and infuriating when he set his mind on something. Hence the situation I encountered myself into.

I had given up on asking where we were going, and he seemed content in simply drive his black sports car through the dark and deserted streets, humming occasionally with the soft melody that came out of the speakers.

After what I think was about ten more minutes, the vehicle stopped. I couldn't hear any sounds that could indicate me where we were, and after I asked, apparently I was not allowed to take the blindfold off just yet.

- But haven't we arrived? - I asked, as he helped me out of the car.

- Almost. Just a little longer, my curious wife. - he answered easily, and I could tell he was smiling.

- You would be just as curious if I had blindfolded you. - I countered, walking forward as he guided me with both hands on my shoulders.

- Someone is getting ideas. - he whispered against my ear as we walked, making me almost trip from the heat of his voice against my skin. - Maybe I'll let you, later. But for now, you'll just have to trust me.

I didn't even bother to sigh this time.

With Jungkook's help, I walked through an open area, the breeze being my only indication of it. Thankfully, I had been smart enough to put on a warm sweater and flat-heeled boots.

- Stop for a moment. - my husband said to me, the sound of a door being opened following his words.

Leading me inside wherever we were, he closed it with a soft thump behind us. His arm came around my shoulders, moving me forward some more. About twenty steps later, because I had nothing else to do than count my steps, he stilled me in place.

And then, swooped me off my feet and into his arms.

- Jungkook, what are you doing? - I squeaked, gotten by surprise.