Chapter 9 || "Trouble"

I stare at Sebastian, my jaw dropped and my eyes bulging. I go to speak again, to try and explain what the fuck it is that he just walked in on, but it's already too late. Sebastian's already back inside the house, the door slamming shut as he rushes away from me.

"Guess it worked."

I turn slowly, looking at Shawn. He's just standing there with the joint in between his lips, puffing away like he didn't just kiss me and completely piss off Sebastian. Oh my God, I would kill him in this moment if I could.

"What the fuck is your problem!" I scream, throwing my hands up in the air. Shawn shrugs, which infuriates me even more.

"I did what you asked me to. You wanted to know how to make Sebastian jealous, so I showed you." The way he says it makes it sound so simple, like it was the only option that makes any sense.

"Maybe in your fucked up, high-ass imagination that was a good idea, but to any normal, sober person, it was the worst plan ever!" I scream. "What is it with you, Shawn? When I dated Xavier, you always wanted to kiss me! When I wasn't dating anyone, you always wanted to kiss me! When I'm almost with Sebastian, you want to kiss me! But when we're actually dating, you seem to do every single thing imaginable to make our relationship as terrible as possible so that we break up! Are you that fucked-up in the head that you can only show affection when it's something you want but can't have?"

"If you're just going to bitch at me all night," he says slowly, taking another hit. "maybe you should leave. You're really killing my high."

I shake my head, smiling spitefully at him.

"Fine, I'll leave, because once again, you've managed to find a way to weasel your way back into my life and fuck everything up as soon as life starts to get good again."

"Listen, you can stand here and curse at me all you want, or we could go upstairs and have hate sex to let our pent-up aggressions." he suggests, his hand coming to my side and sliding up under my sweater. His long, cold fingers rest against my hot skin and I feel goosebumps spread across my skin. My brain is screaming no, no, no but my friend down there is screaming yes, yes, yes.

Thankfully, I'm not a guy and don't allow for my hormones to control my decisions.

"Fuck. You." I say slowly, drawing out each and every syllable in the phrase. I turn around my heel and head back inside, trying to get inside before he has the chance to say anything.

Just as I open the sliding door, I hear Shawn say, "Suit yourself. I'll just use that picture you sent me to get myself off."

-
-
-

My phone buzzes the next morning as I climb out of the shower, alerting me to a new text message. I wrap my towel around my body and sit down on the bench, picking up my phone. I hold my thumb to the home button to unlock it and am taken to a new group created by Marley for our Psych presentation.

M: Hey guys! It's Marley. So I was thinking that since it's a Saturday and we don't have class, and that we don't meet again until Monday, we should probably get together today and plan everything out so that we're organized.

B: what time? I have to work today

M: Is 11 good?

S: Fine for me.

B: me too

M: Great!

M: Helaina?

I glance up at the top of the screen, seeing it's 10:45. That should leave me with enough time to get ready if I hurry.

H: yeah that's fine, i may just be a few minutes late though because i just got out of the shower