pilot

STARS HOLLOW

Harper Danes came down to her father's diner and found the coffee pot ready. She grabbed a cup and immediately poured herself some before turning around to see her baseball cap wearing father behind her giving off a disappointing look.

"What?" Harper asked, adding milk to her coffee.

"You're a junkie." Luke stated.

"But you love me anyways." Harper added, it made Luke shake his head and smile at his only child. Harper grabbed a notepad and turned to the nearest customers.

"What can I get you?" She asked the guy sitting at the counter.

"Your name would be nice." The guy sent her a flirty smile that Harper didn't give back. At that moment Harper's good friend Nate walked through the doors at the moment he heard the guy.

"Well my name is Nate, I like strawberry and long walks on the beach. Flirt with my girl again and I'll donkey punch you so hard that your eyeballs will pop out of their sockets." Nate threatened. He didn't mean it but it was sure as hell scary to hear. The guy stood up and sat somewhere else. Nate waved bye at the guy before turning to his friend.

"What's cookin, good lookin?"

"Egg, bacon, pancake..." Harper listed.

"I'll just have a doughnut, beautiful." Harper did a salute before getting the tongs and a to-go paper bag for the doughnut.

Lorelai Gilmore walks inside the diner, she takes off her coat and picks up an empty mug from a table, then walks up to the counter where Luke stood.

"Please, Luke. Please, please, please." Lorelai pleaded, holding tightly to the mug.

"How many cups have you had this morning?" Luke asked the woman.

"None."

"Plus..."

"Five, but yours is better."

"You have a problem."

"Yes, I do." Lorelai admits, Luke gives in and fills her cup up.

"Junkie."

"Angel. You've got wings, baby.  Hi Harper, hi Nate." Lorelai greeted the two teens who where the same age as her own daughter. The teenagers waved back before going back to their conversation. The same guy who flirted with Harper earlier walked towards Lorelai.

"You make that look really good." The guy comments.

"Oh, it is really good. It's the best coffee in town."

"Oh yeah? I'll have to get a cup." The guy ventured on.

"Good plan." Lorelai tried to end the conversation but the guy wouldn't leave.

"Yeah, I've never been here before. Just, uh, passing through on my way to Hartford."

"You're a regular Jack Kerouac." Lorelai commented.

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Hey, you mind if I sit down?"

"Oh, you know what? Actually, I'm meeting someone so I..." The guy sat down, ignoring her protest.

"I'm Joey." The guy introduced himself.

"Okay."

"What, you don't have a name?" Joey asked.

"No, I do have a name. I just, I'm really meeting someone, so..."

"So I guess I should get going."