birthday party x2 PART 1

CHILTON

Rory is opening her locker. Tristan walked over with a playful look on his face.

"Hey." He greets. Rory looked at him was a face of loath.

"What, Tristin?" Rory asked.

"I just wanted to say 'happy birthday.'" Tristan says holding the invite in hand.

"It's not my birthday."

"No, but it will be." He holds the paper in front of him and reads, "'On Friday at 4:03 in the morning, Lorelai Leigh --'"

"What is that?" Rory takes the paper. It's an invitation to her birthday party, from her grandparents.

"Who else got these?" Rory asked in panic.

"I don't know. Everyone in our class, I think." Tristan answers. Rory close her locker quickly.

"I have to go."

"I'll see you Friday, birthday girl." Tristan mocks. Rory walks down the hall. She heard the whispering as she walked.

"That's her."
"My parents are making me go."
"Another obligation party."
"My life stinks."

Rory drops her head to look at the floor, not seeing the guy she was about to bump into. Rory was about to apologise but realized it was the same guy from the first day and the bake sale.

"Do I need to wear headlights for you to see me?" Rory snapped. The guy smirked, holding up an invitation like Tristan's

"Is that anyway to speak to your guest, Lorelai Leigh." The guy mocked, before walking away.

" The guy mocked, before walking away

_______________________________________

LUKE'S, RORY GILMORE'S BIRTHDAY

Harper hopped up and down in place, waiting for Rory to enter the diner. Harper convinced Luke to make a coffee cake and blow up balloons. With much convincing, Luke caved in.

"Will you stop that?" Luke told Harper, talking about the jumping, but Harper grinned.

"Never!" At the perfect moment, Rory and Lane enter Luke's.

"You should not have to go to school today." Lane complains. Rory shakes her head.

"Have to. Latin test." Rory and Lane go to the counter. Harper runs around the counter and hugs the teen Gilmore.

"Happy birthday, Rory."

"Thank you." Rory smiles.

"Jeez. Every day you have a test. When do you have time to learn anything to be tested on?" Lane continues to conversation. Luke walked over to them.