birthday party x2 PART 2

HARTFORD - THE GILMORE HOUSEHOLD

Harper heard yelling come from the other room. It was Rory's yelling. Harper grew worried and ran over to check if everything was alright. Rory was standing in front of her grandmother.

"This is your party and these are your guests and I don't have anything to say to them, so you give the speech." Rory yelled at her grandmother.

"Rory!"

"Excuse me." Rory walked pass Emily and Harper, making her way upstairs.

"What was that all about?" Lorelai asked. Emily glared.

"Lorelai, your daughter has no manners whatsoever. You should be ashamed of yourself." Emily said before walks away.

"OK, how did this become my fault?" Lorelai asked herself. Harper followed Rory. She found her in Lorelai's old bedroom. Rory lying on the bed.

"Rory, what happened?" Harper asks softly. She closed the door and sat on the edge of the bed. Rory sat up and looked at her.

"She wanted me to give a speech. To people I don't even know!" Rory explains.

"But was it necessary to yell at her? I mean—you know me, I don't have grandparents that would ever do this, so I don't understand. But, she just wanted to spend a birthday with you, to make you feel like a princess. You've told me that you've only ever use to see her on holidays. She just wants you to be happy." Harper said.

Rory was shocked, she was right. Harper was right. Rory had just been a jerk about this, her grandmother put a lot of money and time into this party, and what does Rory do? She yells at her. Rory felt like a total bitch right then and there.

"Hey. Can I come in?" The teenagers look at the door to see Lorelai.

"It's your room." Rory answers. Harper stands up and walks towards the door.

"I'll be downstairs." She tells them. Lorelai smiled at her as she left. As Harper made her way back down, Emily walked towards her.

"Where is my daughter and granddaughter?" Emily says sternly. Harper pointed upstairs, too frighten to say anything. Emily walks pass her and Harper let's out a breath she didn't even know she was holding.

_______________________________________

NEXT DAY - STARS HOLLOW - GILMORE HOME

Cut to Rory's second party. The house is filled with loud music and the people of Stars Hollow. Everyone was gathered to watch Rory open her presents.

"Happy birthday Rory!" Miss. Patty says as she walks in to the room. Harper sat on the couch between Lorelai and Nate with a party hat and oversized plastic pink glasses on her face. She held her camera to her face and took as many pictures.

"~Open it, open it, open it!~" Lorelai chants/sings. Rory is opening her presents. She gets an iBook and immediately freaks out.

"No!"

"You like it?" Rory leaps out of her chair and hugs her. "You can take it back." Lorelai teases.

"No! I love it! It's perfect." Rory yells.

"It's blue and it has a handle." Lorelai shows.

"It's way too expensive." Rory said.

"I know, that's what I told the guy at the store." Lorelai says. Sookie brings in a cake with Rory's face on it. Everyone makes way for Sookie. Harper gets her camera ready.