no orange

LUKE'S DINER

Lorelai and Rory walk into Luke's and almost bump into Luke himself. "Every other store in town has fall decorations." Taylor complains to Luke as he follows right behind him. Harper passes through to hand plates to customers before school.

"Well, hurrah for the mob mentality." Luke says sarcastically before he takes out his notepad and writes down in bill for the customers.

"We're talking a few streamers and a paper turkey. How's it gonna hurt to have a paper turkey?" Taylor asks, annoying Harper

"It'll hurt a little, Taylor." Harper answers as she sets the plates to the customer. "Enjoy." She tells them before walking away.

"No turkey, no squash, no pumpkins. Nothing colored orange." Luke said sternly to Taylor.

"Okay, you don't like orange. That's fine. Autumn has many varied hues to toy with." Taylor tries again. Harper rolls her eyes.

"Take a hint, Taylor. No decorations." Harper hisses. Her mood went up when she noticed Lorelai and Rory already sat down at the counter. She smiles at them and passed by to serve others their food.

"Excuse me, can we get some coffee please?" Lorelai asks Luke.

"And a muffin?" Rory adds. He didn't turn their way. Neither of the Danes look at them.

"Warmed?" Lorelai adds.

"This is the Autumn Festival. Your show is right across the street from the Horn of Plenty! You're right smack dab in the middle of everything. You have to decorate." Taylor demands.

"I don't have to do anything but serve food." Luke declares.

"And coffee!"

"And muffins!" Again ignored.

"Taylor, I'm tired of having this conversation with you every year." Luke says in annoyance. Harper moves Taylor's dolls out of the way to pick up the dirty plates from the counter.

"Here, here." Harper agrees.

"Yoo-hoo!" Lorelai tries getting either Danes attention but they were either busy with serving or trying to get rid of Taylor.

"You have lived in Stars Hollow for a long time, young man. It's time you and your daughter became one of us." Taylor points. Lorelai waves money to get Luke's attention.

"Whoo!"

"Sorry, I guess my pod's defective." Luke says sarcastically. Harper sets plates down and goes to stand in front of Taylor.

"I participate in school plays, I help clean up the streets from trash and take photos of our best events when you want to show off to tourist. I think I am part of the town, Taylor. But heaven forbid if you don't get your way, we turn into Boo Radley." Harper says angrily. Luke just pats her back, proud.

"Hey. My mom's not wearing any underwear." No one turns to look, but Harper turns her head to look at Rory. She walks behind the counter and picks up the coffee pot to pour two to-go cups for the Gilmores.

"Oh!" Lorelai felt betrayed by Rory.

"Well you aren't." Rory justified.

"You're just being selfish, Luke." Taylor whines. Lorelai scoffed in disbelief.

"Still they don't notice. I can't take it anymore." Lorelai stands and goes behind the counter.

"We're talking about the spirit of fall." Taylor says again. Lorelai lifts the glass cover off the muffins.