let it snow

STARS HOLLOW

It was nighttime in Stars Hollow and the townspeople were gathered for a town meeting in Miss Patty's dance studio. There was chatter among the people at Taylor complained to Miss Patty about people not listening to him. Harper sat beside Luke and Nate sat next to Harper with his arm on her chair. She laid her head on his arms and shut her eyes, feeling tired from the all day only to be kept from sleep and hear Taylor's voice screeching.

"No one is listening to me." Taylor complains.

"Oh, Taylor, calm down." Miss Patty says.

"I can't calm down, I'm being persecuted." Taylor snaps.

"I promise that we hear you."

"We've been hearing you for 20 minutes." Harper opens one eyes and saw Andrew stood up frustrated at the fact that his time was being wasted. She shut it again and listened.

"Well, excuse me, Andrew, but some of us have businesses to run that don't involve peddling drug paraphernalia to kids." Taylor snaps at Andrew.

"It was a lava lamp, Taylor." Andrew defends himself. Nate and Harper watch the entertaining scene play out.

"There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs." Taylor says.

"Hey, I have a lava lamp." Nate mentions to Taylor. Taylor looks at him straight in the eye.

"My point exactly." Taylor says before looking back at Miss Patty. Nate's jaw drops, feeling called out for something that wasn't true. When he looked to Harper for support, he found her trying to keep in her laughter. Nate pouted and poked her side to stop her from laughing at him.

"Oh, for crying out loud." Andrew mutters but sits down.

"Now we've already agreed to look into your accusations, let's just move on..." Miss Patty says before moving out of the way to sit and allow Harry, the mayor of Stars Hollow, to speak out.

"I have been mayor of this fine town for a long time. I tend to think of all of you as my children-"

"More like grandpa." Nate interrupts, not even trying to hide it. Everyone around that heard let out a laugh. Harry was not pleased and pointed a finger.

"Unfortunately, sometimes children have to be disciplined." He looks directly at Nate when saying it and Nate shrugs. Harry looks back to the others. "Now I'm going to say something and I'm only gonna say it once. . .we have leash laws, people. Rover will not leash himself."

Harper yawns and rubs her tired eyes, having being dragged here by Luke who said, "If I have to go through these useless town meeting with Taylor complaining the entire time about everything, than you are come with". Harper moved her head to leans Nate's shoulder and immediately felt him stiffen up. She opens her eyes and looks at him in question, but Nate didn't look at her, but she did catch the faint red on his cheeks.

"...I would like to now move on to something of even greater importance. As you all know, this coming Friday is the anniversary of the legendary Battle of Stars Hollow." Everyone but Luke applause. Harper saw his eyes roll in annoyance of this "anniversary".

"...Penny will be circulating a sign up sheet for those of you who would like to participate in the reenactment of foresaid battle." Harper saw Luke shaking his head and crossing him arms, he was getting rattled up. Nate tapped her shoulder and held out a bag of gummy bears.

"The real show is about to start." Nate whispers. Harper stares at him in awe and shakes her head.

"You brought food to watch my dad explode?" Harper asks. Nate's face gave it away.