Chapter Four

Chapter four: His Warmth

"Genma, where are you going?"

"Don't talk Lilya, I'm trying to concentrate."

"Concentrate! You have a pile of unfinished work to do and if I didn't follow you all the way here it would have been bad! Come on Genma lets go back it's getting late."

"Lilya, I told you to talk more lady like. Men won't find you attractive with how loud you talk."

"Oh! Am I loud! How about I talk louder! Genma is the laziest God on HEAVEN!"

"Ha-ha, Lilya you are fit for a clown then an angel."

"Don't laugh! You are seriously making me angry here! Why are you neglecting your work! Please stop making my work harder than it is. Let's go back already Genma."

"...Sounds like I'm troubling you?"

"Will, you're not troubling me...More like disturbing my work. Anyways Genma why did you stop all of the sudden? Is there something wrong?"

"Can you smell that?"

"Smell what? All I can smell is berries from there. Smells pretty good doesn't it?"

"No Lilya, I can smell blood."

"Wait if you smell blood then why are we walking towards it!"

"If you're afraid then go back home. I have to see what's going on."

"Okay! Hold on I'm coming too! You know you have a pretty strong nose."

"I don't it's just that you are weak."

"Will sorry for being weak!"

~~~

The feeling of rocks under me and the wet clothes I am wearing made me shiver as the wind passes by. My body feels so heavy that I can't move an inch. The blood from my wounds was flowing out as the water was drifting slowly to the side.

"It is coming from here."

"Genma, hold on!"

Who's there? I have to get up but I felt so heavy. My eyes won't open in my command. I was so tired that I just didn't care who those people were.

"...A kid?"

"Genma what did you find?"

"Lilya, I just found something interesting."

"What do you mean?"

"Hurry up and get over here."

"...For heaven sake! It's a child!"

Hearing footsteps coming near me I became a little nervous to see what they were going to do with me. I felt someone kneel down next to me and I was shock when I felt warm fingers gently brush along my cheek.

"Hey kid, you alright?"

I can hear him so close to me. His voice sounds deep and rough but it was appealing to one's hearing.

"Lilya, can you check his injuries?"

"Will sure but I think you shouldn't touch him Genma."

"Why shouldn't I? Is it because you don't want blood to get on me or is it something else?"

"...It's both. Can't you see it Genma, his soul is unclean! It is as if he is a demon and why is a thing like him doing in heaven?"

She is right about one thing and it's that someone like me doesn't belong here, but I'm not a demon. I just don't know what I am. I guess I'm going to be sent down to the underworld if they think I'm just a mere demon.

"Lilya, I didn't ask for you to keep blabbering about what is wrong with this child."

"No, but Genma he will stain your pure hand if you keep touching him!"

"What is the difference? Lilya why can't you just shut up and listen to my orders."

The woman took a second to think and suddenly went quiet.

"Lilya..."

"Yes, I will follow your orders."

Genma moves to the side where my legs are and Lilya place her hands on my chest. She releases a warm power around my heart and it spread all over my body. It felt nice and calm. A few minutes had passed and she removes her hands from my chest.

"The injuries are very deep but I healed it where it won't bleed for a time being. His body is exhausted that it will take a few days before he can move around. Overall he is good and alive."

"Well done Lilya."

"So what are you going to do with him?"

Genma pauses for a bit and I became worried if he was just going to abandon me or take me to the underworld.

"...I'm going to bring him back home."

"Bring him back? Are you going to send him to the underworld?"

"No..."

"Then what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to keep him."

"What!"

What? He is going to keep me! What is he thinking? I know I should feel a little relieve but I wasn't expecting him to say that.

"Yes, I'm going to keep him. What's wrong with that? A god like me can have anything he wants right? So I want this kid."

"I agree with you but why him? This boy isn't even an angel or a light of God's. He isn't beautiful to be part of your harem either!"

"Of course I know that but this kid has something that interests me. A mere angel like you won't sense that."

Genma pulls my left hand over his shoulder and fixed his arm around my upper back giving it support. His other arm went under my knees and lifts it up. I felt his warm chest against me and it felt weird like it was safe.

"You are pretty light kid."

"I could carry him if you want." Lilya's voice sounded kind of mad. I wonder if women's are always like this since I don't really get to meet them.

"No, I got him so let's head back."

"Okay, I guess but once we get back everyone is going to freak out!"

"Now that is something I can't wait to see. A God who come's home with a lost kitten, how funny."

Feeling more tired than before I suddenly fell asleep in the arms of Genma. It just felt warm and made me so relaxed that I just couldn't help but felt sleepy. Next time when I wake up I hope to see how this man looks like.

***

So how did you like it? Next chapter will come soon! Sorry if this is going slow but just be patient. Thank you for reading my work!