Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

He walks towards me and untie me. He pulls me up, then into a hug. I continue to cry in his chest. "Shh... Don't cry babe..." He said. I don't listen and continue to cry.

I'm sorry Karma... I'm so sorry... But I did this for your own safety... I hope you can understand me

-I'm So Sorry... Karma-

Y/N P.O.V

Asano gives me some time to break it off with Karma... He said by the end of today, I have to break if of with Karma. I really don't want to do it... But I don't have a choice... Karma would get hurt if I didn't do as he said, or worse... He could die.

Asano knew that Karma will be coming back today. In an hour to be exact. So I just wait in our room, for his return. I read my book as I always did, as I wait for his return.

Then I heard the door open and close. I turn my head to see Karma entering the room. He have a bright smile on his face. I grin at him, which obviously is force... I can't let him know.

I place the bookmark on the current page. Then I place the book down. I stand up and walk over to him.

"Hi babe... I miss you so much" he said, pulling me into a hug. I smile as a tear escape my eyes. I quickly wipe it away, hoping he wouldn't see. But he did anyway.

He cups my cheeks. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?" He said, in a very gentle voice. I shake my head "I'm okay... I just missed you so much..." I said, placing my hands on top of his... Closing my eyes.

He place his hand in the back of my neck, pulling my head until its resting on his shoulder. I wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him tightly. He pulls away slightly, then he leans down and place a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes kissing him back. I try to keep in my emotion... This will probably be my last kiss with him.

We have to pull away for air. "Wanna hang out today?" I ask. "Sure..." He said, smiling softly at me. I'm glad he didn't suspect anything, it'll be harder for me.

He pull away completely, offering his hand to me. "Let's go now..." He said. I smile, placing my hand on top of his. Then we start walking out of the room.

As we walk, I can see Asano standing behind a tree. He's watching me. I gulp and try to ignore him... and focus on my last day with Karma.

Time-skip

It's close to the end of the day. The time for me to break it off with him is coming up. It hurts me so much to know that... After this, I won't be able to be with him ever again.

We ended in a small lake. I take a seat next to him, leaning my head against his shoulder. I try to savour this moment... Knowing this will be the last time.

Do it now! I'm watching you, Y/N. Don't jinx it... Or Karma will face the consequences. I heard Asano's voice. I'm wearing an earpiece that is connected with him.

'This is it... I'm so sorry Karma' I thought to myself. Then I scoot away from him. Karma turn to look at me with confusion in his face. "Y/N? What's wrong?" He asks, worry can be heard in his voice.

"I'm sorry... But I don't think our relationship is working anymore... I think we need to break up..." I said, looking at him without emotion... Even though my heart is breaking into million pieces.

I try to fight the tears that is pooling up in my eyes. I blink them away, before any of them could fall. Karma's face is making it hard to hold them. His expression is the mixture of shock... Sadness and pain.

"W-what are y-you talking about? T-This must be a j-joke, r-right?" He said. Then he start to look around. "Where's the hidden camera..." He said again. Then he stop, turning to look at me.

"Y/N... Why did you want to break up all the sudden?" He said. "I've been planning to break it off for a while now... I've always realise that I don't really love you" I said, trying to sound as cold as possible. Then I turn around "I'm sorry, Karma... Goodbye..." I said. Then I run off, not giving him a chance to say anything else. I keep running, ignoring his pleads to stop.

Karma P.O.V

'W-why.... Why did she wants to break up with me all the sudden? I just got back... This is how she welcomed me? What changed... What did I do wrong?' So many questions jumbling up in my mind.

I take out a velvet box. I know we're still too young. But I plan on proposing to her. I was about to propose to her today... But looks like there will be no such things. No happy tears... Just sadness and sorrow.

I clutch the box in my hand. Then I let out a blood curling scream. I raise my hand to throw it away, but I couldn't bring the heart to.

Then I recall Y/N's face when she said that. It's a mixture between pain and... hesitation? Why would she hesitate if it's truly what she wants.

So many questions... Yet no answer. It just give me a headache. I decide to head back to the dorm. But I know I'll see her there. Well I have to deal with her soon or later. I start walking back.

Soon enough, I reach there. I open the door and close it behind me. She's laying on her bed, with her back facing me.

I frown and walk over to my bed. Flopping down on it. I glance at her, still not moving. I sigh and turn to my side, my back facing her. I close my eyes and drift of to sleep with only one thought bothering my mind.... Along with tears streaming down my eyes.

Why did she have to break up with me all the sudden?

Y/N P.O.V

I pretend to sleep when I hear the door opens and close. I can hear his feet thumping against the wooden floor. Then a sound when he laid down on his bed. I can hear him sigh softly, followed by a soft snore after that.

I wait for a moment. Then slowly turn to look at him. Tears starts to stream down my eyes as I continue to stare on his back. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Karma. I don't want to break up with you, but I don't have a choice... I'm so sorry.

I place my hand on my lips to prevent myself from making a sobbing sound. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep as I continue to cry. Unbeknownst to me, Karma is watching me from across the room. He sees the tears in my eyes and realise something was wrong... And he's determine to look for an answer.

*to be continued*