Second World 2.0

I woke up and sat down on what felt like a wooden board. Levi came into my view and said "Ray, you are a vampire this time. I want to see your fangs. Say aahh"

The corner of my mouth twitched in irritation.

"Say, am I just unlucky or I am going to die in every world by getting hit by a car?" I asked annoyed.

"Hey, no, no, it won't be this way everytime, after all there are worlds present which do not have cars as a mode of transportation" Levi said, explaining to me as if it was an obvious thing.

"Forget it. My reward?" I said.

She quickly handed me a purple magical stone. When I touched it, a screen opened showing the points that I had received after completion of the task.

Sending Evan Richards soul safely to paraneria in peace - 1000 points

Donating money to the orphanage and old age home - 200 points

Planting a sapling - 20 points

Saving the life of Drake Richards - 5000 points

When I saw the last sentence I stopped thinking for a while then reacted...

That handsome man was Drake?!

I didn't think it would be him. I had subconsciously considered Drake as a bad person for having not protected his brother but the first time we actually met, I had a good opinion about him. How strange an encounter could be...

I sighed softly then took in my surroundings.

The candle light flickered in and out but I could still clearly see the room filled with a huge mahogany bed and the desk and chair placed next to the only window. The floor and the walls were colored black, making the room look gloomy and ominous.

But the unexpected thing was that even though there was a comfy bed right in front of me, I was sleeping on a hard wooden coffin.

"Alright, listen Ray. This time you have occupied the body of Lucas Terrence, a vampire from a very prestigious and ancient family. In this world, two magical races coexist. The vampires and ruecrafts. The vampires need to drink the blood of ruecrafts to survive, similarly ruecrafts feed on the inexhaustible vitality of the vampires. Therefore, since the beginning of time, in this world, it was decided that a vampire and ruecraft needs to form a spiritual bond between them. They are companions who stand together at all times. The companion is chosen during birth by the parents on behalf of their children. Lucas however was unhappy with this. He didn't like Nathaniel Karren, his companion, because he came from a fallen ruecraft ancient family which did not have the same status as his own. He felt disdain towards Nathaniel which grew into loathe as time went by to the extent that he didn't like to even drink his blood and thought it was filthy. Nathaniel grew weak and so did Lucas as they hardly spent time on feeding. The other vampires and ruecrafts looked down at them but they could not bully Lucas due to his status so directed it towards Nathaniel. One day, Nathaniel couldn't take it anymore and confronted Lucas. Both had a horrible argument. Nathaniel was angry and left their villa out of anger right after to calm his temper. Lucas knew that he would return anyway and didn't bother about it but when Nathaniel didn't return even after three days Lucas became slightly worried and went looking for him but found him dead. He was shocked. Even though he didn't like Nathaniel at all, it wasn't to the point that he would want him dead. Later he found out about the bullying and all he felt was regret. He died due to starvation months later" said Levi.

"Before you get to the tasks, I have a few questions" I said.

Levi nodded and gestured for me to go ahead and ask.

"Lucas didn't like drinking Nathaniel's blood but why couldn't the later just force Lucas to let him feed on his vitality that way even if Lucas became weaker than a chicken, Nathaniel could still become strong" I asked.

"The spiritual bond does not allow uneven exchange. You can say that Nathaniel could simply force Lucas to drink his blood and then feed himself but he didn't want to resort to that as a companion needs to be respected. His parents had taught him this and asked him to always take care of his companion" answered Levi.

"Who had killed Nathaniel and for what reason?" I asked my second question.

"That I cannot tell, you have to find out yourself" said Levi shaking her head in refusal.

"Alright, third and last question, why did Lucas die due to starvation? Why couldn't he find another Ruecraft to feed on?" I asked curiously.

"In a lifetime one can have only one companion, as multiple spiritual bond formation is not feasible" said Levi and then she continued "Your task is to save Nathaniel from getting killed and the usual daily task"

"Hmm. Okay so when have I come over?" I asked.

"Lucas and Nathaniel had the argument and he left a few minutes ago. Lucas had come to sleep in his coffin" said Levi.

"He left already?" I exclaimed in shock and quickly got up and ran down the stairs to get out of the villa.

"Don't tell me he is already dead by now" I muttered in annoyance.

"Not yet" said Levi flying next to me.

I was running and looking around when I abruptly stopped.

"Hey, I don't even know how he looks like" I said to Levi who shrugged and said "It's your fault that you forgot to ask for my help".

"Take me to him" I said.

"Follow me. By the way you do realize that you are a vampire and not a human right. So, let me tell you, you can run way faster than this and also you can use blood spells to attack your opponents" said Levi.

"Ruecrafts excel in strength and Rue spells yet Nathaniel got killed which means that the enemies were not easy to handle therefore I am being kind enough to let you use the blood spells with ease by placing a magic spell on you" said Levi and clapped her hands thrice and hopped a little.

A soft light flew from her hands and entered my body.

"This will let you use the blood however you want. You can create blood from nothing in air and manipulate it or use blood already present in nature" said Levi.

"Thank you very much Levi" I said gratefully.

I was starting to worry about how I will save him from the killers with just my weak self but now I feel slightly confident, only slightly though.