Third world 3.0

What was that?!
How did Nathaniel know my name?

Surely, I felt the need to tell him my real name before I left but I could have never thought that he already knew.

Was he also a person like me who travels from one world to another?

Then doesn't that mean he is someone from my original world? But most of them did not remember my real name.

And the only other person who came to my mind other than my old acquaintances, who I had personally told my name not too long ago was Drake.

Either way, it was nice to have someone around to give me company.
Pushing my thoughts aside, I looked at Levi.

Levi said "Your reward".

I took the purple magic stone that she handed over and looked over the screen.

Protecting Nathaniel Karren during the assassination attempt and letting him survive for longer than the intended time of his death - 10000 points.

Daily task reward for raising plants - 500

I then left for the next world while wondering whether I will be meeting my companion again.

I could feel myself floating in the water. I opened my eyes to see the vast sea in front of me, no around me...

For a second there I was elated that I had gotten a chance to swim free in the ocean again just like the old times, yet my happiness ended short when I realized I could not see the shore in any direction.

Don't tell me I am stranded in the middle of the ocean?!

I stopped panicking and thought, Levi wouldn't do that to me...

"Levi, where am I?" I asked with a hint of worry in my voice.

"Ray, you are in the amidst of the ocean named Meinyui" said Levi.

I was speechless and the corner of my mouth twitched slightly.

Did I guess wrong, is she really cold blooded enough to let me die here?!

"Don't worry. You will not drown. That scared look on your face was really funny though" said Levi sticking out her tongue at me.

"I know that I am a really good swimmer but will I be able to swim to the shore from all the way here? Or do you expect me to be able to keep swimming and not get tired at all?" I asked exasperatedly.

Just what am I supposed to do?

"The first one I don't expect but the second is a given" said Levi calmly.

"What do you mean?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

"You are a mermaid, say will a fish ever drown and die?" said Levi.

A mermaid?

I looked down at my bottom half but all I saw was a clothing of some sort covering my legs.

Yes, I have legs not a huge tail like I was expecting after I heard Levi.
Don't mermaids have fish like tails?

As if reading my thoughts, Levi said "Mermaids can turn their tails into legs and vice versa through aqua magic"

"Oh, interesting" I said amused at the thought of looking like a fish after imagining changing my legs for a tail.

"So, I can breathe underwater?" I asked.

"Yes, you can" said Levi then said.

I dived in and saw blue water and the deeper I was swimming nothing but darkness.

Hey, this is not the scenery I was expecting to see.

I was looking forward to seeing school of fishes swimming past me.

This is definitely the sea not an illusion, in that case, why can't I find a single fish in the stretch of the sea water around me.

I saw Levi inside a bubble that was silently floating in the water.

I poked the surface of the bubble but it didn't burst.

Levi said "I am a pixie, not a mermaid.
I can not breathe underwater like you. So, I am using the magic bubble that enables us to do so".

Then she continued "Your current body's name is Récif Eaux. He was a merman. He worked as a guard at the Palace of sous-marin, at Rossel Mer-Kingdom. He had died in the conflict that took place on the wedding of the King of this kingdom with the princess of Fallé Mer-Kingdom, named Elle Wander. The guards of the King and the human named Seth Fanace, fought against each other and Seth came out victorious as he had brought with him the powerful human magicians and he himself was also a strong magic warrior. As Seth commanded his men to break into the wedding, he had well prepared for the battle and stole the bride. Yet, Elle told everyone that he was not forcefully taking her away. She said that they were eloping from the marriage as they love each other. She went to the human kingdom, where Seth was a prince and became his princess. They lived together ever since".

"And the King? What happened to him?" I asked curiously.

"He was in love with Roselle and was very much looking forward to their marriage ceremony, so when she left him, he became brokenhearted. He also had to take the brunt of the issue. Many accused him of having wanted to break up the pair of true lovers. Mermaids believe in true love and that once they fall for someone they're not supposed to be with anyone else, therefore the King of Rossel, Ashriel Ross, spent the rest of his life alone" said Levi.

"What is my task?" I asked.

"This time the task is quite difficult and be mentally prepared to spend many years here. You have the task of keeping the King, Ashriel, happy throughout his life. He should not feel lonely. I wonder how you would complete this task?" said Levi looking serious for once and in deep thoughts with her tiny brows furrowed in displeasure.

"Isn't it simple, find him a new lover. I'm sure we are in the timeline where, the King has yet to fall in love with Elle. Isn't that enough?" I asked.

"No,it isn't. First, you will have to find someone who is willing to accompany and love the Ashriel throughout his life. Second, even though it is very rare, the lover should not fall in love with another and divorce him. Third, his lover should not die before he does. So, you have the task of finding a new lover and make sure that he or she, as gender is not considered an issue while falling in love, doesn't have a change of heart and also keep that person healthy for the rest of their lifetime" she said.

"Okay now that sounds just great!" I said sarcastically.

Why is this task difficult you ask?

It is because if this so-called lover I find for Ashriel is stupid enough to get himself or herself killed then the task fails.

I really hate this!
So frustrating...

I really hate this! So frustrating

Author's note.

MC (Récif) : I am a fish *laugh*

ML : I want to eat a fish for dinner.

MC : I will cook for you then *turning to go to kitchen*

ML : No need to bother *hugging the MC*, my dish for tonight is in my hands.