Second World 2.3

Warm rays of the sun hit my face and I frowned, pulled my hand out of the blanket and subconsciously used a rue spell to form a chain and pull the curtains close. I then hugged my companion and slept. I felt the gaze of Lucas on me through my sixth sense and opened my eyes reluctantly. I was about to ask him why he was awake already and that we could sleep for a while more as after having stayed up late in order to get him healed by a vampire healer, I was tired, that I saw him suddenly stiffen and his facial features contorted due to pain. I quickly got up and pulled him into my arms to check his situation.

My mind was racing through various methods to help him when he was writhing in my arms and decided to feed him my blood to elevate the pain.

After a while, he slowly started to calm down and held my wrist to indicate me to stop feeding him blood.

I wanted to continue but I stopped when I realized that perhaps I really should stop, if not, the disgust he felt towards drinking my blood might come back.

I took away my palm from his mouth and quietly watched him lick the remaining blood drops from his lips.

He didn't seem to mind my blood, is it because he is still half asleep?

I had certain doubts about this whole ordeal.

If he hates me then why did he come looking for me right after I left the villa.

Assuming that he didn't come to find me but just came across the scene where I was getting attacked, he could have taken his safety into consideration and left to find guards to help me rather than do it himself.

Even if I think that perhaps he just thought going back is troublesome and beating them down is a faster way to solve the problem, the way he was covering for me during the fight, even though I could very well take care of myself, was heart warming.

People say that when vampires are excessively thirsty, they act on instinct to drink blood but it goes without saying that they would never go to a person who they hate for feeding. The fact that he came to me without any restraint proves that he doesn't hate me but then what should I make of all those times when he outright said that he hated me.

I can not keep up with his thought process.

But I know one thing, that is, I like the him now, who doesn't seem all that distant from me.

I asked "Are you okay?"

I saw him looking at me with eyes filled with tears and quietly nod.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

I didn't know how to proceed further from here

I didn't know how to proceed further from here. Lucas and Nathaniel had a bad relationship but after yesterday's episode, there must have been significant improvement.

However, the past cannot be rewritten.

Also, now that I am a vampire, I have to drink blood as food.
I still can't come to terms with this fact!

Yesterday, did I really drink rusty and salty blood and think it was sweet?

I simply can't believe it!

Blood, sweet, sweet, blood.
I feel hungry now.
Just great, isn't it?
Note the sarcasm.

Levi looked at me as if it was nothing and said "Come on, this is not all that bad. Who knows if you might be sent to a world where you have to eat something worse for living?"

I was speechless. First because what she said was absolutely true and the truth seems truly bitter. And secondly, as my partner in travel through the worlds, she seems very bad at consoling people.

I feel even more depressed than before!

I sighed going through the paperwork. 
This is boring and mentally exhausting work, nevertheless, I have locked myself up in the study after what happened in the morning to plan for the future.

What should I do today for my daily task?

As I was deep in thoughts, someone knocked on the door. I replied "Please come in" while expecting a servant to come over with more documents but was surprised to look up and find it was Lesker Terrence, Lucas' father.

I stood up from my seat and greeted " Good afternoon father" just like the original owner of the body would have.

He came to me and gave me a hug while saying "Good to see that you are fine"

"I heard about what happened yesterday and have started the investigation, but I want you and Nathaniel to give me the details in depth to increase the efficiency of the search" said Lesker.

"Alright that will be done. Father, can you increase the number of guards at the patrol unit near the woods. I am afraid that they would try to come again" I said after considering our safety.

"Fine, but I believe that they will not come near the villa as it has rue and blood spell barriers permanently cast on it. The place in the woods that you both were at was quite far from the villa hence it was easier for them to attack. As long as you both don't go out for a while it will be safe" said Lesker while rubbing his chin.

"I don't want to be stuck here in the villa though" I said in a dissatisfied manner as the original Lucas was an extrovert who loved hanging out with friends all the time.

"It won't be for long" assured Lesker.

Author's note

Author's note.

Lucas (MC) : *pout* I don't really want to be stuck in this villa.

ML : It is okay to go out as long as you stick to me all the time.

Author : *snicker* Your fate is already decided.