Second World 2.2

I felt the soft touch of the quilt underneath and couldn't help but relax my body further.
I wanted to open my eyes but they didn't seem to do as I wanted and simply stayed shut.

I was feeling thirsty.
My throat felt parched.
I wanted to drink something...
What is it that I want to drink?
I can't think of it...
But I am very thirsty...

Suddenly, a sweet and soothing smell of amber filled my senses.

Now, I know what I want.
I want blood.
His blood.

I was moving on instinct with my eyes still closed. I touched fabric and skin.
Then bit into something soft. A burst of the same sweet smelling liquid entered my mouth. I licked and sucked.

I want more, and more of it.

It felt like the nectar from heaven, filling me with infinite strength.

I had placed Lucas on the bed when I noticed that he had a slight cut on the left side of his forehead with blood dripping down the side of his face

I had placed Lucas on the bed when I noticed that he had a slight cut on the left side of his forehead with blood dripping down the side of his face. I sat down on the bed next to him and touched his forehead to check the wound.

This is definitely not the only cut that he received today during the fight. I should go and find someone who can help heal him.

I had just turned my head and was about to leave when I saw Lucas shift.
He sat up and clung to my shoulders. I noticed that his eyes were still closed. He was acting subconsciously. I had a vague idea of what he wanted but was still surprised when he bit into my neck.

His sharp fangs pierced my skin and he was sucking my blood using his soft lips and tongue. The feeling of it was indescribable.

He always bit my wrist while drinking yet tonight he didn't.

I held him closer and let him fully rely on me. Through the place he bit me, I could feel a warm current entering my body.

It was the vitality that I survive on. It was moistening my almost dried up spirit veins which are the source of my power.

I have not felt this comfortable feeling for a long time now. But this time, I was not just feeling comfortable due to feeding but ecstatic by the fact that I and Lucas were locked in an embrace.

 But this time, I was not just feeling comfortable due to feeding but ecstatic by the fact that I and Lucas were locked in an embrace

I woke up and looked at the ceiling of a room, when the rays of sunlight hit my face and it was not really pleasant. I liked sleeping for a long time in the morning hours.

But before I could start cursing at the person who left the curtains open, the room became dark again. I was surprised and looked around to find myself being hugged by Nathaniel, whose presence I had not noticed after waking up. He had used rune spell to close the curtains.

I can't recall what had happened after the fight, but I guess I had lost consciousness.

I turned to look at the person sleeping next to me. He was half asleep. No, he had already fallen asleep again after closing the curtains.

I had not paid much attention to his looks previously. He had black hair and a very fair complexion. His looks were better than any male I had ever seen, except for Drake.

Though, I would like to give Drake a higher praise for his affectionate soft brown eyes.

I don't know if it was because I was staring so much that the person woke up.

His mesmerizing hazel coloured irises directly faced mine and I swiftly took back my previous statement. They were definitely on par with each other when it came to being attractive.

His pale red lips curled up slightly in a smile and I looked at him in a daze.

Abruptly, my chest clenched in immense pain and my breathing hitched.
I remember this.
This was just like the pain I felt in the first world as punishment for not completing the daily task.

But this was clearly double the amount!

Ah! The holy spirits above, do you want me dead?

Levi jumped in front of me and said something but I could hardly pay attention to her right now.

I felt someone pick me up and a warm liquid filled my mouth which slightly distracted me from the horrifying pain.

Then, a blinding light surrounded me and the pain disappeared.

Levi said "It is raining outside. As the punishment of your last world was pending, it had been shifted to this lifetime. When you didn't complete the daily task yesterday, the magic stone issued a punishment, which was  to double the pain. However, I realized that it is practically not possible for someone to complete a daily task on the first day of their arrival to a new world, especially when they have their main task to complete on that very day. It can be confirmed that you had forgotten about it in the first world but in this world you clearly were not given the opportunity to complete the task at all. Therefore, I asked the Lord for help. He said that, if you are able to complete the main task on the very first day of your arrival to any new world, then you will not have to do the daily task for that day. Therefore, the previous and current punishment has been revoked"

I asked "If the punishment was cancelled then why was subjected to the pain?"

Levi said with a blink "That is because I had to use a spell to dispel it but I didn't know what it was, so I went to ask my friend about it and came back just now"

I sighed.

Well, at least she managed to stop the punishments for me.

I turned to look at Nathaniel, who was constantly feeding me his blood from his freshly cut palm and raised my hand to hold his wrist to stop him from continuing any further. Even though the taste of his blood was delicious, I couldn't ask for so much as he was badly wounded last night and needed to recover.

 Even though the taste of his blood was delicious, I couldn't ask for so much as he was badly wounded last night and needed to recover