First World 1.6

I woke up again in a few seconds again, perhaps a few minutes, to find my body hurting everywhere.
I could feel my blood seeping out of the wounds.

I knew for certain that I was going to die.

Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Levi still flying above the periwinkle flower plant in a daze.

She probably didn't expect me to suddenly get into an accident like that.

I felt someone carefully picking me up as if I was a something precious, that was so fragile that it might break if added pressure.

I couldn't turn my face to see who it was. I wanted to though. Somehow I wanted to see who this person was no matter what, after all I have never been treated like a little treasure before. The thought of it was refreshing even though I was just a step away from death, unfortunately, again.

The person slowly turned my head to face him and I was surprised to see the very same handsome man I had saved.

He looked as if he was about to cry with his eyes slightly red and glazed and his facial expression clearly indicating immense pain and fear. He softly touched my cheek and said "You-" but I cut him off and said "Ivanov, call me Ivanov".

My name is Ivanov Williams but my colleagues called me Ray Allen. Everyone of us in our scientific department at my original world had code names. They were just like a normal name like any other person would have but it was not the one on our birth certificates. It was there for security reasons. However, for someone like me who didn't have a family and neither could make friends outside of work had totally forgotten my own name. I even told Levi that my name was Ray without even thinking twice about it. This person who I didn't know was the very first whom I had told my original name.

"Ivanov" he said the name slowly but softly in a whisper.

I smiled at that and closed my eyes, letting my soul depart from this body.

I was staring at Evan's face when I suddenly saw him run towards me and push me back

I was staring at Evan's face when I suddenly saw him run towards me and push me back. I didn't even get to realize what happened until I heard a screech and a bang. I stabilized my body only to stumble at the sight before me. There laid a body covered in blood. The color red had dyed his white shirt completely.

The driver who caused all this was frantically trying to call the ambulance.

I walked towards Evan and held him in my arms cautiously. His breathing was almost negligible but it was still there. It gave me a hope that perhaps there was still a chance to save him. I knew he was not okay but I still wanted to ask if he was just to listen to his voice and confirm his presence. So I started asking "You-" but he spoke and said "Ivanov, call me Ivanov".

I was genuinely confused as to why he asked me to call him that but didn't hesitate to do as asked.

He smiled at me just like I wanted him to when I saw him staring at the flowers and my heart filled with a really warm feeling. Perhaps this is what people call happiness but this so called happiness stopped the moment he closed his eyes. I realized that his breathing had stopped and his body was getting cold.

An unbearable pain spread out in my heart and all over my body.
As if someone took out my heart and shred it apart.

I don't know after how long, my parents came over to this place.
I don't know what they were saying to me.
I don't know how I managed to get his funeral done.
I don't know how I am still alive.
I don't know anything anymore.

The feeling of emptiness was really unpleasant so much so that I wanted to turn back to my apathetic self again but it always reminded me of the person who had made me feel that warmth even if it was only for a while, which I didn't want to forget at any cost.

It was raining heavily. It is his first death anniversary today. I am standing in front of his grave and I have thought about this over and over again this year but I realized I had no feelings for my brother Evan.

The person I fell for was a man named Ivanov. Call me insane but I don't believe that they were the same.
Evan and Ivanov are different.
The former is my brother and the latter is my treasure.

Treasures need to be cherished, then, why couldn't I do the same to mine?

I want him.

I want him.

I want him.

That's the only thing that goes on in my mind.

I looked up at the sky and a silver light flashed.

The silver thing was actually a sword that fell right near my feet.
I somehow didn't feel scared of this phenomenon, instead felt as if it was just right for this thing to come to me.

I touched it, then picked it up and held it close for inspection. It had fine designs on it making it look very beautiful with the edges so sharp that it could probably cut through anything with ease.

Then the next second the sword disappeared out of my sight. I looked around for it but couldn't find it. I frowned trying to guess where it could have gone to but couldn't come up with an answer.

Then I felt a suction power pulling me off the ground but the shocking thing was that when I was floating above in the air, I could still see my body lying on the place next to the grave. I looked at my hands, they looked translucent and so did my body.

Before I could come up with a reason as to why this happened, I got pulled over to another place so fast that I reached there before a blink of an eye.
But I could not recognize this place. It was like a room which had nothing in it. But the walls were transparent. All I could see was vast sky filled with clouds and nothing else. I only then took notice of a thing flying in front of me.

It was like a pixie I had read about when I was little. The thing had gray hair and eyes, neatly dressed in a small sized suit which fit him very well.

It spoke "I finally found a piece of your soul back after these many years of waiting".