First World 1.5

I groaned in displeasure.
Just how the hell am I supposed to deal with this?

It is rainy season, who knows when it might start raining!

"Is there no other way out of this?" I asked annoyed.

"There is none. You get punished accordingly just as you get rewarded. These rules are set by the Lord. Cannot be changed" said Levi shaking her tiny head from side to side.

Then, she looked at me expectantly and asked "Dear Ray, what are you going to do now? You have already proved the original owner innocent. Are you perhaps planning to snatch away the position of CEO from Drake?"

I looked at her as if she was a fool.

"No way in hell! First of all, I have got absolutely no knowledge about business management. Actually, I don't even know if business management is really the subject that one must study for working as a CEO in the future.
I was a science student in high school. Later, I became a scientific researcher.
In other words, the second thing is that I like working in a laboratory more. So, I am not going to do any such thing as that" I almost shouted at her in fear that she might just say that it is one of the task that I have to complete.

I hate being forced to do something that I have no interest in!

I took out the laptop from the cupboard and searched online for the nearest orphanage and old age home.

I went downstrairs and realized that someone had dropped my car back at my place from the office when I was unconscious due to the incident at the office.

I drove to the two places one after another and donated half of the savings that Evan had.

While returning back I went to the nursery and bought a periwinkle flower plant.

I took the sapling to the garden in front of the apartment and dug out a little bit of soil and planted it there. Then I brought a cup of water and poured it on it's roots.

As it was rainy season, I didn't have to water it on daily basis. I'm glad about that because in my previous life, I had forgotten to water a cactus plant for so many days that even with it's high surviving rate in the presence of less water, it died.
A smile crept up on my lips looking at the cute little flowers.

Here on the other side of the city, Drake was busy trying to solve the problem of management of his paper work in the absence of a secretary. He had left Evan at the hospital and returned to the office and the first thing he did was to fire the woman out of the job. He wanted to make her suffer more but decided to keep that for later as he was running out of time.

He was handling a major project when all of this happened and the work was getting hectic for him.

He asked his chauffeur to drop off Evan's car at his apartment then stayed up whole night to complete the work and fell asleep on the work desk around morning. He woke up after few hours and decided to check how Evan was. So, he swiftly took his car and went to the hospital.

He quietly opened the door to the patient's ward and went in to find an empty bed.

He was stunned.
Only one thing came to his mind, Where did Evan go?

He wanted to call Evan but then decided against it. After all, he and Evan didn't really have a good relationship to begin with. What if after the call Evan deliberately avoids him or much worse, not pick up his call?!

He then drove to the apartment, the only place that came to his mind when he thought where Evan could be, and found a scene beautiful enough to take his breath.