004,

004, PUT THE FUCKING GUN DOWN !

        SHE sat at the table in the Shelby's kitchen at their homes on Watery Lane, surrounded by angry men

        SHE sat at the table in the Shelby's kitchen at their homes on Watery Lane, surrounded by angry men. Per usual. Well, it was becoming the new normal for Katherine. Though, she wasn't entirely out of the loop, as she knew the exact reason why they were all angry. The police, and that new arsehole of an Inspector, had waited until the boys had gone off to the fair, before raiding every home and pub they could — Bar the Jordan's, the Shelby's home. . . and the Garrison. Katherine wasn't sure why they had done so, but it still pissed her off.

    All of them were angry — Tommy, Arthur, and John, Will and Eddie. Katherine could practically feel the anger radiating from the five, as she sat in the room, Tilly opposite her and Polly stood by them both. Katherine's eyes studied Tommy, the way he was stood and the way he looked around the room, and soaked all of the information in that Polly was relating to the boys. The dark haired Jordan woman took a drag of a her cigarette, her dark eyes never leaving Tommy for a split second — He was hiding something. She knew he was. But, what?

    "The coppers told everyone Arthur had agreed to it when he was arrested." Polly explained, and Tilly watched as Arthur then suddenly tensed with anger. The blonde exhaled deeply, as Polly continued to explain, "they said the peaky blinders had cleared out to the fair to let them do it."

    "I never said nothing to that copper about smashing up bloody houses!" Arthur's voice raised with each word, bitterness lacing his tone. Tilly leant forward and placed a hand on his shoulder, catching the attention of her younger sister, who smirked knowingly when she saw Arthur's tense frame visibly relax.

    "All right. Which pubs did they do?" Tommy then asked, his monotonous tone evident. Katherine took a slow drag of her cigarette, her eyes moving from Tilly and Arthur, back to Tommy. She watched him closely, and she was certain that Tommy knew she was watching him — certain that Tommy know that Katherine knew something wasn't quite right. Her lips pressed together so lightly as smoke exhaled through her nose, watching her best friend as he listened to Polly explain the nature of their situation further. This copper was smart. . . but not as smart as the Peaky Blinders, mind you.

"The Guns, The Chain, The Marquis. . . All the ones that pay you to protect them. The only one they didn't touch was The Garrison." Smoke billowed from Polly's lips, the cigarette smouldering in between her fingertips. Katherine watched as Tilly nodded in reply to the older woman, as Polly looked around. None of the men seemed to move. She held in a sigh of exasperation, speaking up again, "Make sure people think we were in on it. He's smart, this copper. So, go on! Drink your beers, get out. You better show people you're still the cocks of the walk."

The men set their pints down on the table and began to sheepishly file out of the room as Polly had instructed them too, not one making any signs of complaint. Katherine stubbed her cigarette out in the ashtray, the last of the smoke gently billowing from between her lips.