008,

008, WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE .

        WHETHER it was the incredulous amount of over-thinking that had taken place within her mind the night prior, after the conversation between her and her best friend that felt more like kick to the stomach than an actual conversation, or the...

WHETHER it was the incredulous amount of over-thinking that had taken place within her mind the night prior, after the conversation between her and her best friend that felt more like kick to the stomach than an actual conversation, or the fact that she'd swiped a bottle of her brothers' whiskey from the dresser by the stairs as she went to bed, Katherine Jordan had a headache that she almost certain was bigger than the whole of Birmingham, and it made her eyes ache every time she blinked, and the room spin every time she moved. It was vengeful.

    The conversation between her and Tommy had played on her mind like a broken record, and even when she heard the front door shut after a few, inaudible words exchanged between Tommy and Eddie as the former left, the lingering presence of Tommy Shelby didn't go away. Hence, the drinking.

    Katherine rolled over in bed, her back to the door as she pulled the covers over her head, blocking out the sunlight that streamed through the crack in the curtains. There was two knocks on the other side of the door, followed by a sweet voice. "Kat? Kat, you awake?"

    Lazily, Katherine hummed in response to Tilly Jordan's soft voice, with her dark eyes still closed and her mind still half asleep. She heard the click of her bedroom door as it opened, and the faint and soft sound of Tilly's footsteps in her everyday heels as the older Jordan sister entered the room. She was dressed and ready for the day, her hair set in its usual blonde, bouncing curls and her big blue eyed lined with brown eyeliner and a slight golden shimmer. Katherine rolled onto her back, reluctantly pulling the covers from her face. Tilly snorted, amusedly.

    "Christ, you look awful!" Tilly bit the inside of her cheek as she tried to suppress the ghost of a knowing smile that forced its way onto her face. Katherine scoffed, as her hand flew to her head and her fingers softly rubbed her temples — even scoffing made her head explode with another douse of pain. Tilly walked toward her sister after shutting the door and, with her arms crossed over her face and one eyebrow quirked upwards, the other woman began to shake her sister, over the covers. Tilly spoke, almost in a motherly fashion. "Come on, get up!"

    "No." Katherine deadpanned opening one eye to spy her sister, before rolling over onto her stomach. Tilly rolled her blue eyes, oblivious to the events of the night prior. Tilly was so blissfully unaware that Thomas Shelby stormed their home, almost had his face shot off by Eddie, and confronted Katherine about the bad feeling she had about Grace. She also had no idea that Katherine had consumed an entire bottle of whiskey last night to try and numb the feeling of wanting to burst into tears as she overthought the events of the past few days, before falling asleep.

    "I wasn't asking," Tilly snapped, as she pulled the covers off of Katherine. The younger of the two whined childishly as she finally opened her eyes to shoot a painful glare to her sister. Tilly poked her sister's side, smirking down at Katherine in triumph. She'd won, "I was telling."