Chapter 1: Now

It had been 10 years since Dan and Phil's lives had changed for the better. 10 years since prom night. 10 years since they had found the one they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with.
Dan and Phil have been living together since they turned 19. They moved in shortly after coming out to their parents. They had to come out the day after prom because Phil's mum walked into the room to find them cuddling in bed.
They moved into a small apartment in Manchester. They liked it there, even if it was small, it was home. They started earning money and were able to upgrade to a bigger flat in London. They lived there for 7 years until they decided they'd like to get a bigger home. A forever home.
After 2 years in Manchester and 7 years in London they found a big apartment again in London for a reasonable rent and a nice landlord. This is where they currently live happy as ever.
"Phil", Dan shouted. No response. "Phil!", he said again, louder this time. "Yeah?", Phil responded, his voice echoing through the apartment. "Come quick!", Dan yelled. "Why?", Phil shouted, sounding annoyed. "It's an emergency", Dan cried. Phil's footsteps could be heard by Dan, Phil entered the room and looked at Dan sitting on the sofa. Phil looked around the room, "where's the emergency?", he asked Dan, "My lips are cold", Dan pouted.
Phil raised an eyebrow at his boyfriends 'emergency', but smiled anyway and gave him a peck on his lips. "Thank you Philip", Dan chirped.
Phil just shook his head and giggled. He was downstairs now so he may as well get started on Dinner.
"What would you like for dinner?", he asked Dan while looking through the cupboards. "What is there?", Dan asked peering over his shoulder to look at Phil. "A mouldy lemon, a tomato and a single tortilla wrap", Phil laughed.
"Pizza?", Dan suggested, "pizza", Phil nodded. He took out his laptop and sat down beside Dan, who had moved so that his head was now resting on Phil's shoulder.
They settled on one pepperoni and one meat fest. "It should be here in about 20 minutes", Phil said, leaning back into the sofa and putting his arm around Dan, giving him a quick kiss on his forehead.
They watched TV in a comfortable silence until they heard the doorbell ring.
"2 pizzas, one coke and one tub of wedges?", said the pizza delivery man, making sure he had the correct order. "That's us", Phil responded, paying the man and thanking him.
"Food!", Phil shouted when he closed the door. He heard Dan cheer upstairs and laughed at his boyfriends childishness.
Dan had gotten napkins and cutlery, he had Netflix open on American Horror Story and had a blanket for himself and Phil.
They finished the pizza and the show at roughly the same time, Dan went to wash up while Phil took his laptop and went to their room.
He turned on the TV so he wouldn't feel alone while browsing the internet. He said he'd put on the music channel just to have in the background.
Phil opened up the 'fields jewellers' website. He'd been meaning to propose to Dan for a while now. He was browsing through the engagement rings when he heart Dan walk in. He quickly closed the browser and smiled at Dan.
"Hey", Phil said. "Whatcha doin?", Dan asked looking at Phil's MacBook. "I was just looking at dog videos", Phil lied. Dan shook his head and laughed.
Just then, 'I won't give up' started playing on the music channel Phil had left the TV on.
That was the first song that he and Dan had danced to 10 years ago. They look at each other with huge goofy smiles on their faces.
Dan held out his hand to Phil, "May I have this dance?", he said mimicking what Phil said that night he asked Dan to dance with him. Phil took his hand, "Of course my good sir", Phil said in a very bad posh accent causing the two boys to laugh.
Dan pulled Phil up off the bed and out his arms around his waist. Phil put his arms around Dan's neck and pulled their foreheads together.
It was just them, it felt like nothing else existed, and if anything else did exist it didn't matter to them.
"I love you", Dan whispered, looking into Phil's ocean eyes. "I love you too", Phil answered, closing the space between them to give Dan a kiss.
Now. Now is what they would both describe as the perfect life.

* Authors note*
It's back, did you miss me ;)