Chapter 4: Crash

Pj and Louise had gone home to leave Phil alone for a while. Phil was sitting in silence. The silence breaking every so often with a sniff from Phil who was still crying.
All Phil could think of was Dan. He'd be proposing right now if everything hadn't went wrong. Dan's face would be lighting up while seeing Phil on one knee.
But he wasn't on one knee. He was alone, on his sofa. The whole apartment seemed dull and lifeless without Dan around. Everything felt grey and meaningless. Phil had to do it. He had to go after Dan.
He grabbed his keys and his coat as it was raining. He grabbed Dan's coat too when he remembered Dan was only wearing a suit and must be freezing.
Before he knew it he was walking through the streets of London. He knew exactly where Dan would go and he hoped he was right.
Dan was sat alone on a park bench. Dan always came here with Phil. It was one of their favourite places. It was where Dan first told Phil that he loved him, it was the place when Dan realised Phil was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.
Dan shivered as the rain poured harder. Maybe he should head back. Maybe he should've let Phil explain. Dan stood up. He had to go back and apologise to Phil. Dan raced out of the park and looked around, trying to make out which way was back home.
It was raining so heavy that Dan could barely see a few inches in front of him. He was walking forward slowly when he heard a familiar voice shout his name.
"Dan!", the voice shouted in a panic, "Watch out!", it said again, getting closer.
Everything happened so fast. Dan was pushed out of the way as he heard a scream and the screech of a car braking.
Dan turned around swiftly. There were voices asking him if he was ok but he wasn't paying attention. All he could concentrate on was his boyfriend lying on the wet ground. His head bleeding from the impact of the car.
Dan didn't know what his was doing but he felt himself moving towards Phil, crying and calling out his name. He took hold of his hand and put his other on Phil's cheek.
"Phil!", he shouted through tears. "Phil wake up!", he shouted again.
The man that had hit Phil had called the ambulance which he said would be hear any minute.
Dan put his head to Phil's chest as two fingers on his neck. He was still breathing but Dan didn't know if he was ok.
"Ok everybody, please clear the way", said a woman in a high visibility jacket.
Dan looked at her with bloodshot eyes as she and another man lifted Phil into the ambulance.
She noticed Dan staring, "You know him", she asked. Dan nodded. "He's my boyfriend", he replied. The woman smiled warmly and beckoned Dan to join her and Phil in the back of the ambulance.
The woman wrapped Dan in a warm blanket and gave him a towel to dry himself off from standing in the rain for so long. "So what happened?", she asked, checking Phil's pulse again.
"We had a stupid fight and I walked off and I guess he came looking for me", Dan explained, "he tried to warn me about the car but I didn't see it so he pushed me out of the way", he finished.
Dan was crying again as he watched Phil lay there. The woman handed him a tissue and to him Phil was going to be fine.
They arrived at the nearest hospital soon after. Phil was rushed off to be checked up and make sure everything was ok. Dan was told to wait.
Dan had to fill out some forms, explain what happened and play the waiting game. Dan didn't like this game. If Phil were here Dan was 100% sure Phil could make it fun. Phil always had a way of making things entertaining. It was just the kind of person he was. That's why Dan loved him.
Dan waited for what felt like days but in reality was only an hour. He saw a nurse approach him and prepared himself for the worst.
"Daniel Howell?", she asked. "That's me", Dan replied. "Your boyfriend is going to be fine. He had to get a few stitches in his forehead but he should be back to normal in no time".
Dan felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. "C-can I go see him?", he asked the nurse. "He's resting at the moment but you're allowed to go in to see him of course", she smiled at him, beckoning him to follow her to Phil's room.
Dan walked into the room, he saw Phil lying on the bed, he looked fine. He looked like he just bumped his head. Dan walked over to Phil's bed and sat down on the chair beside it.
"I'll leave you alone with him", smiled the nurse as she closed the door.
Dan smiled at Phil knowing he was going to be ok. He took Phil's hand in his and stroked his thumb up and down Phil's hand as he spoke softly to him.
"You probably can't hear me", Dan giggled quietly. "But you saved my life and put yours in danger you spork", he said, giggling again, a tear rubbing down his cheek. "But you know what, that's why I love you", he whispered, bringing Phil's hand up to his lips and kissing it softly.
Dan continued to stroke Phil's hand. He heard a soft giggle and he turned around to see Phil's eyes had fluttered open.
"I love you too Dan", he said quietly, squeezing Dan's hand.

*Authors Note*
DID YOU REALLY THINK I'D KILL OFF PHIL YOU MONSTERS