Chapter 8: Amy

Dan looked up after hearing the word "Amy" escape from Phil's lips.  He instantly recognised her face. She hadn't changed at all. His mind flashed back to the last time he had saw her. Her lips had been on Phil's.
Amy raised an eyebrow as she looked at the other three people sitting in the booth with Phil. She began to laugh as she turned back to Phil. "Seriously?", she began, "you still hang around with all your lame high school friends? That's kind of pathetic".
PJ looked down at his feet, slightly ashamed. Louise looked like she was about to hit her. Dan was just worried, sitting next to Phil hoping she'd just go away.
Amy glanced at Dan and looked him up and down, silently judging him. She looked back at Phil with a disgusted look. "Really? Him?", she scoffed, "you could have done better Phil you have better standards than...", she paused while gesturing towards Dan trying to think of the right words, "than that", she finished.
That was it. Phil was about to yell at her right there and then. Just as Phil had filled his lungs with air ready to scream at Amy, Louise had stood up, furious.
"Listen, I've had enough of this!", Louise shouted so loud that everyone in the cafe could hear her, but she didn't care.
"These two boys are in love. Can you not see that!", she boomed, gesturing towards Dan and Phil. "They actually just got engaged so whatever little stunt you're trying to pull to separate them it isn't going to work!". Amy was looking at Louise with pure rage and a hint of fear, she turned around to Dan and Phil to see the ring on Dan's finger.
Amy had opened her mouth to fight back but Louise cut her off before she even started.
"And another thing!", Louise began, still shouting. "Just because you can't have somebody doesn't mean that nobody can have them, that is pathetic Amy, get a goddamn life".
Amy was furious. She opened her mouth to shout back but no words came out.
Louise inched closer to Amy so that their bodies were almost touching, she lowered her voice so that she wasn't shouting right in her face but she kept it loud enough for people to hear. "Amy, you're a bitch and I'd really advise you to leave before I do something that I don't want to do".
Louise backed away and sat back down in her seat. The three boys looked at Louise with wide eyes then back at Amy. Amy dropped her waitress notepad and pulled her apron off and threw it on the floor. She stormed out the door shouting her final words "I QUIT!", and the cafe fell silent .
It was silent for what felt like an eternity but in reality was only maybe 2 or 3 minutes. All eyes were still fixed on Louise.
One man cheered at the back of the cafe and started clapping, this caused everyone in the cafe to follow in his actions. Louise was smiling and blushing like crazy as even the workers started applauding her.
The applause died down after a minute and everything went back to normal. A woman came over and apologised for Amy. She took their orders and gave them a %50 discount for their troubles.
After being served their drinks Dam spoke up. "Thank you Louise", he said quietly.
"It was really nothing, it just annoys me when people pick on my friends", she replied. "Remind me never to get on your bad side", PJ joked.
"No but really Louise, thank you", Phil added, "I really mean it". Louise was blushing and smiling now, "you're welcome", she replied.
About an hour later everyone had made their way back home. Dan and Phil were actually headed towards the train station, they were going to Manchester to tell Phil's parents about their engagement.
While they were waiting for their train to arrive Phil spoke up breaking the silence, "Sorry", he mumbled quietly, almost so quietly Dan couldn't hear him. "About what?", Dan responded, confused and shocked. "For not being able to defend you after Amy called you all those horrible things", Phil whispered, just barely audible.
Dan noticed a tear falling down Phil's cheek, he lifted his hand and wiped it away gently. "Hey", he said to Phil, squeezing his shoulder, "there's nothing wrong with that, I couldn't even defend myself let alone have someone else defend me", he laughed.
Phil sniffed, "So you're not mad?", he asked, looking at Dan. Dan placed a kiss on Phil's cheek and lay his head on his shoulder, "never", he replied as they both waited for the train to pull into the station.

*Authors Note*
Oof hi, I'm bad at endings oh well, guess I'm bacc
- Lauren :D